Gearing

rexs

Hi all, took the teg out on sat first time since purchase, running on 215//45/17 ad08 in top gear at 60mph she was showing 3000rpm does this sound about right on a std box?
Thanks rexs.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yeah sounds fine. Mines about 3.5k at 70mph. Going to a k20 from another make of car does make it sound like its revving really high pottering around. Lol. Give it a few hours of motorway driving and it'll feel normal :)

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Basically the rev counter and speedo will match/follow each other as the speed/revs climb. But only in 6th gear. But it sounds like you are running a standard box.

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Mines pretty much the same, my daily commute has more than doubled, anyone changed 6th to get the revs down?

My box is coming off at some point this year for clutch replacement so maybe an opportunity to change it in order to get the revs down.

spooke

Advanced Member
GIBLETS said:
Mines pretty much the same, my daily commute has more than doubled, anyone changed 6th to get the revs down?

My box is coming off at some point this year for clutch replacement so maybe an opportunity to change it in order to get the revs down.
Lots of people do it when fitting higher final drives, but they say it kills 6th performance. But if you're never gonna need it, it should be worth while.

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
spooke said:
Lots of people do it when fitting higher final drives, but they say it kills 6th performance. But if you're never gonna need it, it should be worth while.
I've never had to use 6th in anger so doubt I'll suffer for it tbh. Planning a trip to Grinspeed which has been set back by redundancy so will likely get them to carry out the work along with some other bits & bobs, not sure how that would affect resale in the future though....