Generic snow tyres thread

turbo5

Advanced Member
After struggling to get on the main roads from my house this morning I thought the time was right to put my spare set of alloys and Bridgestone Blizard snow tyres into use. Highly recommended in weather like this. \:D/

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
if you live somewhere you are likely to get snow it is a great idea.
I work in Germany and they all have winter tyres it makes a huge difference to safety, if they cause a traffic jam because they get stuck or cant go forward they they get fined.

WestYorkshireman

Advanced Member
My car has just been parked outside the house the last 2 days as I just cant get up a small hill near my house, the council dont come down the road with the gritter and the small grit bin they supply is empty.

I've been out for hours with a shovel this afternoon making some tracks in the compacted snow and ice to try and get some traction but I get half way up and the wheels just start spinning.

Its really frustrating watching every other make and model just going up with no bother at all, even the wifes daewoo matiz powers up the hill :oops:

I'm trying to decide if it's the Teg or the Bridgestone potenzas or a combination of both that just don't like the snow, I had no bother when I had the EP3 with Avon ZZ3's fitted.

So it looks like the Mrs is getting up at 4.30 am tomorrow to get me to work =D>

turbo5

Advanced Member
With proper snow tyres you can get anywhere, The only cars that got off the crescent where I live on Monday morning was the BMW X5's the Audi Q7's the Range Rover Sport and my DC5. We have a mile long hill up to the main road and it was full of abandoned cars.
At the very bottom was the rear wheel drives, mainly 3 and 5 series BMW's then a few bigger FWD drive cars then the MPV's and just a couple of the small FWD with skinny tyres didn't make it to the top.