Genuine Mugen front strut bar

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Does anyone know if there's any articles or fake comparison threads discussing the differences between genuine and fake Mugen strut bars?

p1tse

Advanced Member
Does an aftermarket strut bar actually aid any difference to oem?

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Quantifiable from someone driving to the shops, no.

To aid chassis rigidity, yes.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
the oem bar on this particular car is as good as you will get and better than most as it ties the struts to the bulkhead and as its one piece and steel, much less flex, the only real reason to change is cosmetic as the oem looks rubbish. adding a straight bar could increase chassis rigidity directly between the strut tops, but i kinda think if honda could have fitted a straight bar as it was better they would have

tico_87

Advanced Member
Kevin85 said:
Thanks, that is definitely a fake. The one I have has very nice welds.

For clarity, I'm doing some checks before I put it up for sale as genuine. :)

Can anyone take some close up photos of their 100% certain genuine item?
If i remember tomorrow i'll get some close up pics for you.

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
Regardless, yours is going to be a fake... ;)
PM me when you come to sell it with how much your looking for etc dude ;)

Ross

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Haha, I didn't want it to turn into that sort of thread, but it was inevitable really :p

I'm a strong believer in genuine items, even if it's something as simple as a strut brace. Not because the Mugen one is better than a copy, but because people deserve to get what they pay for. I would hate to sell something as genuine and mug someone off.

Hopefully we can get some close up photos posted up of some genuine items. :)

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
Looks as fake as they come that mate unfortunately..£50 delivered?? ;) haha.

PM me what your looking for it ...
Ross

Kevin85

Advanced Member
That isn't the one for sale, you sillyface.

The one I've got is for sale, and you'll be unhappy to hear that the welding on mine is as good of not better.

I was confident it was genuine, but it doesn't hurt doing a little bit of checking. It's also got a 'FF RACING GEAR' laser cut vinyl sticker on it. I can't find that referenced anywhere on Japanese sites, so I guess it was the previous owner's personal thing.

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
Haha!
Oh yeah? Never heard of that myself tbh, must of been the previous owners thing as you said!

Ross