Genuine or Rota?

WalshDC5

Advanced Member
How can I tell if I have genuine DC5 wheels or rota torques? All the markings have faded on the back as have the stickers on the inside. Bought them today and they came with Honda centre caps. Can anyone shine some light on it for me?

Chewy

Advanced Member
WalshDC5 said:
How can I tell if I have genuine DC5 wheels or rota torques? All the markings have faded on the back as have the stickers on the inside. Bought them today and they came with Honda centre caps. Can anyone shine some light on it for me?
Measure them, anything above 17x7 they won't be OEM.

Example 17x7.5 or 8.

Fez

Advanced Member
Surely you'd be able to tell by looking? They look a bit different to each other.

WalshDC5

Advanced Member
Without having the rota and Honda wheel next to each other I don't think I would. The rota is a copy of the dc5 wheel. The guy I bought them off told me the offset is 45 which would make it a rota but when asked he said they're genuine. I'll get some pics up when I get back home Tuesday night

WalshDC5

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
If genuine one of the inside spoke will have honda stamped in it, embossed
I did have a quick look but couldn't see anything. All the markings were pretty much gone

Chewy

Advanced Member
WalshDC5 said:
Without having the rota and Honda wheel next to each other I don't think I would. The rota is a copy of the dc5 wheel. The guy I bought them off told me the offset is 45 which would make it a rota but when asked he said they're genuine. I'll get some pics up when I get back home Tuesday night
OEM is ET60, so you're right mate, They're not OEM.

Work Cai's are similar to OEM but I believe they have 'work' stamped into them on the face somewhere.

Most likley to be Rota Torques but pictures will help to identify them.

Rom

Advanced Member
Always thought Torques were replicas of Works CR Kais.

The shape is different around the centre, its obvious when you see pictures together.

WalshDC5

Advanced Member

Crudely measured them with a tape measure and the tyres on and they seem to be between 7.5 and 8 inch so I'm assuming definitely not standard

All the markings on the inside apples are completely unrecognisable now too :/ doesn't appear to have Honda stamped anywhere. Guess it will become more apparent when I fit them and see if they sit inside the arch

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
They are definitely 100% painted OEM dc5 wheels bud.

The tyres have added your width on....they are the standard wheels, so yes will sit quite far in the arches... See mine pictured above, first picture.

WalshDC5

Advanced Member
Glad to get that cleared up! Just need to get some spacers on them now then. 20mm ones won't cause any issues will they?