Geomentry set up

spooke

Advanced Member
subtronics said:
Does anyone have the correct settings for the wheel alignment on the DC5 teg?
The closest we have to official specs are from the RSX (probably not close enough), or perhaps an EP3 Type R.

spooke

Advanced Member
subtronics said:
Thank you! What sort of camber can you run without ruining your tyres??
Afaik it's not so much camber that ruins tyres but toe.

I'm currently running -2.00' front (tramlines a bit) and -1.30' rear. Depending on your wheel/tyre setup I wouldn't go much more for the road/daily driver. This is with 0 front toe and 0.20' rear toe in.

subtronics

Advanced Member
I know toe ruins the tyres more, but camber will run down the inside edge of the tyres quicker. Some else started an interesting thread on camber. It is interesting. :)

I basically added a shed load of suspension parts, and new wheels, and thought my suspension was originally set to honda settings. So when I had the garage do my Geo, its messed it all up.

phillll

Advanced Member
Don't want to hijack your thread, but...

I recently had a set-up done when I fitted the coilovers, adjustable arms etc.
If I raise the back up 5mm or so will it throw the alignment out massively, or won't I notice it?

It's sitting a tiny bit lower on the back after it's settled. Hardly noticeable, but it's irritating me. Hah.

subtronics

Advanced Member
phillll said:
Don't want to hijack your thread, but...

I recently had a set-up done when I fitted the coilovers, adjustable arms etc.
If I raise the back up 5mm or so will it throw the alignment out massively, or won't I notice it?

It's sitting a tiny bit lower on the back after it's settled. Hardly noticeable, but it's irritating me. Hah.
The car will prbably settle a bit more depending on how long ago you fit them. I recon 500miles from new will get them settled.

When I am fitting new coilovers then I always set it 10mm higher than where I want it, and then it usually settles right. :)

Raising it up 5mm will probably put it back to where it should be after settling.

phillll

Advanced Member
subtronics said:
The car will prbably settle a bit more depending on how long ago you fit them. I recon 500miles from new will get them settled.

When I am fitting new coilovers then I always set it 10mm higher than where I want it, and then it usually settles right. :)

Raising it up 5mm will probably put it back to where it should be after settling.
I've probably about 150miles since fitting so it's not been too long. They have been on the car about 3 weeks.
I'll give it another week or so and probably bring the back up a few mm's.

Just don't want it to have an affect on the geo set up.

subtronics

Advanced Member
If you know what setting you had it set to, like a print out. Most normal garages will do a free check, and if you get a good one they might match it to your settings. :)

phillll

Advanced Member
That's a good shout.
I'll have to see what happens when I raise her but i'm thinking a few mm won't be noticeable at all (hopefully, hah).

spooke

Advanced Member
subtronics said:
I know toe ruins the tyres more, but camber will run down the inside edge of the tyres quicker. Some else started an interesting thread on camber. It is interesting. :)

I basically added a shed load of suspension parts, and new wheels, and thought my suspension was originally set to honda settings. So when I had the garage do my Geo, its messed it all up.
Yeah it will wear it more but my tyres have worn pretty evenly across the board.

subtronics

Advanced Member
Mine grips well at the back just not the front. But I have 0 camber on the front. Using the standard settings. So might try same as you. -2 at front, and -1.3 at back.