Geometry setup gone wrong?

12T

Advanced Member
Hi just fitted a set of coilovers and had the setup done. Just want to know if anyones car pulls to left or right like crazy when flooring it?
Could it be the coilovers or is it the setting of the camber and toe?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
who did the setup?
what were the settings?

i suspect it is out somewhere.

12T

Advanced Member
i dont know wat setup it is but they say its the diff blah blah blah....... i feell like im getting ripped off took it to a company called aurok. They said they have the facilities to do this but when it got done it was done by strings and not laser :?
Aurok is a company that service ohlins and build them, i took it too them to check up my suspensions and set it up properly, when i took it to them my steering wheel was bent because i banged the track rod end and steering out of place (had to do this to fit the coilovers on).

12T

Advanced Member
I thought they would sort this out since they said they have the facilities, when they finished i test drove my car steering was straight :D i came back to have a final check and they say that it has gone out again, so they done some minor adjustments while i paid my money. I drove it down the road i noticed the steering was still bent so i drove back again and said its still bent the steering, they then blamed it on the track rod end and said its worn blah blah..... so u nned to change them.
I recently had my car serviced so i asked them to inspect my track rod ends to see if its worn. Car came back from service got my inspection sheet track rod end on the offside was slightly worn but not a big problem.
I called them back up to tell them its not worn badly so there isnt a problem.
They told me i can take the car back to get it setup again, so the reason i post this up is to ask how ur cars feel after a geometry setup. If they dont get it rite i want my money back that i paid for (£270) i am pissed off and i feel like a muppet for paying them to kill my car down the road and still couldnt sort out the problem.

12T

Advanced Member
if only i took it to toms at tgm i wouldnt have a problem, but i wanted them to check my suspensions and everything which they didnt. :x
So any advice of wat should i do.

Cheers guys

dan the man

Advanced Member
for me it felt like i could feel the tires turning and biting if u will on the mac..more than before when i knew the car was turning as i was sat in it..ie..whole car moves and wheel is summat u turn...hang on im blabberin.

it felt less sloppy dead ahead and was more keen to turn in in and felt more direct. under power it put it down through the tires better too..

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
:shock: :shock: :shock: £270 :shock: :shock: :shock:

What the hell for? Doing an alignment?

conoroneill

Advanced Member
You could align the leaning tower of pisa for that price.

I set the camber myself by using a Sealey camber gauge that I bought for £45 and the 4 wheels allignment costs me a fiver.

12T

Advanced Member
dont rub it it my luck is bad enough for these couple of months

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I'd just take it to Tom at TGM mate and let him have a look. If he considers that the work this place you used is bad, then you could ask them for your money back. Might not work, but it's worth a try.

12T

Advanced Member
Well im gonna go back there and see if they can sort it all out, i did pay for it but i didnt get wat i wanted. If they cant do it then then im gonna scream down their earhole for my money back.

Does any1 have a lot of torque steer with coilvers? I know the oem suspensions doesnt have it that much when flooring it on first and second unlike now. Just want to know if it is the setup or the coilovers that do this, as this is the first time i ever had coilovers and dont know much about it.

Project

Advanced Member
Well since i put mine on at the weekend i have noticed alot of torque steer when in the high rev ranges, feels great though :D
I have similer problems to you as my car slightly pulls to the right, but i got quoted £80 for a geo set up.
Think you definately have to go back and sort it out with them if your not happy with the work they have done.

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Again - I don't think that this could be torque steer as the DC5 simply doesn't have a large torque output (unless you've installed a super/turbo charger).

Project - you mentioned this occurs in the high rev ranges but this is where torque tails off and actual power takes over so I can't see this being torque steer.

With coilovers are fitted you will feel the diff grappling for traction a lot more violently as there are no soft OEM shocks to cushion the blow.

12T

Advanced Member
My car didnt feel like it had alot of torque steer, it was more like the front lifting off. Also it was going left to right :?

12T

Advanced Member
anyways took it to tom's at TGM and problem solved :D

Aurok(ohlins) made a right mess of my car's alignment have the proof on paper when it got diagnosed.

OH and i lost my £300 to Aurok :x they offered me to take my car back but i refused because they told me they cant do nothing until 3 weeks cos no one is in the country blah blah blah.......

Heres the story....cut short

I wasnt happy so i asked for my money back bcos they didnt have the facilities to get it right also it was a long wait for the booking.

what happen next...

The ba**ard said if you want ur money back see u in court then he slammed the phone.

I was getting very mad at that time :x , it took me a week to get through to this **** bcos he said he was busy or in a meeting or gone out, i left him lots of message for him to get back to me but not one missed call or message recieved.
I couldnt take it nomore so i called them back and shouted aload of crap u woulndt wanna hear. It made me feel sooo much better even though i lost my money :lol:

12T

Advanced Member
So any one got a set of ohlins and need anything done dont go there. Bcos they have crap service, they dont know wat they're doin or know wat they're talking about.

Here are the diagnosis

Set up from aurok

FRONT AXLE
Total Toe +10.10
Partial Toe +2.40 +7.70
Camber -1.30 -1.70 0.40

REAR AXLE
Total Toe +7.30
Partial Toe +6.10 +1.20
Camber -1.10 -2.60 1.50
Thrust angle +0.30

As u can see they were chatting out of they're a**e saying the string setup is more accurate than the laser anlignment b*****ks

12T

Advanced Member
Like to say thank you to tom at tgm for srting out the problem.

Took him all day playing about with my car to get it right, in the end he finally got it right (thats wat u call a perfectionist and not some lazy git that doesnt give a dang).

No torque steer :!: well minimal even with my mods, the car feels like how i want it to feel now so well happy :D

Any1 have a suspension problems? i would recommend TGM in fleet anyday 8)