Get some NUTS!!

tron2k3

Advanced Member

I'm after a new set of wheel nuts for my Rota Torques, currently have some Rays ones in black but they seem very soft and aren't going to last much longer.

Anyone recommend any?

Currently thinking of Buddy club or Mugen's anyone had any experience of these? I want some which are hard wearing as I may do a few track days this year and will need to change wheels quite often.

Tia

Will

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Thanks for the replies :)

I think I'm going to go for the Buddy Club ones just for the reason they are the hardest :lol:

jostrom

Advanced Member
I can recommend the Buddy Club nuts they also have chamfered edges so they will stay in very nice condition unless you use impact gun on them.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Evs said:
Have you been using a torque wrench to tighten them up?
Yes :)

only to about 100 I think standard honda ones are set to 110.

I think its because they are so soft.

Evs

Advanced Member
Blimey I thought you might have been overtightening them - I've had some Kyokugen alloy ones for about three years that are still fine and not chewed despite lots of wheel changes :?

When you say 100, I take it you mean 100Nm not 100Lbf-ft?

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Evs said:
Blimey I thought you might have been overtightening them - I've had some Kyokugen alloy ones for about three years that are still fine and not chewed despite lots of wheel changes :?

When you say 100, I take it you mean 100Nm not 100Lbf-ft?
yes 100nm I use 98Nm to be exact.

Evs

Advanced Member
Fair play 8)

That's a bit poor re the Rays nuts then, considering how much they cost :eek: :?

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Evs said:
Fair play 8)

That's a bit poor re the Rays nuts then, considering how much they cost :eek: :?
Luckily I didn't pay full price I got them for free :) well swapped my standard ones for them.