Getting a new set of keys

cameroon95

Advanced Member
As title says, eas enough to go to a key cutter or do I need to go the honda route?

I.e is there a chip in the key?

many thanks

Marpol

Advanced Member
Pre facelift there is no chip and you can just take a blank to a key cutters like I did

I believe the facelift has a chip though

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Did it cut ok for you? A lot of people have problems and have to pay £150+ for a japan laser cut version.

Marpol

Advanced Member
it is true :-"

get a crv key of honda and cut it. mine works :green:
Thats the one :xlol:

Yep I picked up a CRV blank from ebay (but I think you can get them from honda too) and took it to my local Timpsons to be cut, key works fine and cost all of about £20 :wink:

cameroon95

Advanced Member
Thats the one :xlol:

Yep I picked up a CRV blank from ebay (but I think you can get them from honda too) and took it to my local Timpsons to be cut, key works fine and cost all of about £20 :wink:

would something like this do?

Vtequila

Dutchy
That looks like it would work but you dont need the buttons.

This is like the one I have and its in the UK and cheaper!
I want to get my 2nd key aswell, but unfortunately the seller doesnt sell these uncut keys anymore. Have been searching around on ebay myself but couldnt find a right one to order.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
pm dave johnson from steels in hereford he will be able to sell you a blank crv key most good key cutters or honda dealers should be able to sort this, if it is prefacelift it can be done pretty much anywhere and should cost no more than £25.

Vtequila

Dutchy
pm dave johnson from steels in hereford he will be able to sell you a blank crv key most good key cutters or honda dealers should be able to sort this, if it is prefacelift it can be done pretty much anywhere and should cost no more than £25.
Ive located the Steels site and have sent an email through their website. Is that ok ?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
vtequila, he is a trader here, it might be easier to send him a pm from here, he will definately get it, and will give you a discount too as he will know you are from the forum

Vtequila

Dutchy
vtequila, he is a trader here, it might be easier to send him a pm from here, he will definately get it, and will give you a discount too as he will know you are from the forum
Yes, that would be better i guess. Couldnt find his userprofile earlier, thanks

nwcivic

Advanced Member
thanks for the name, will get in contact too, never know when I'll need a spare key!