Getting in and out of the DC5 recaro seats and seating position recliner.

yosin

Advanced Member
Is it me or does everybody have a little dance trying to get in and out of their seats.

Well for me i used to pull the seats back then use the steering wheel for levearage the one leg over the bolsters and once that leg is over and touching the floor i would push off on that feet so i dont touch it at all.

Getting in the car i would still my left feet in first then throw my butt cheeks in and swing my right leg over and in. So everytime i get into the car i would be sitting with my two legs pretty much crossed over lol.

Lately ive tried getting in and out of the recaros without pulling the seats back and noticed the bolsters foam underneath getting a tad crumbly. When i purchased the car it was in perfect condition, so ive now resortted back to pulling the car back again to get out.

All this can be quiet tiresome or am i just over protective. Anybody else do something along same lines as me? :)

About the seat recliner, i like to sit with the chair abit laid back. But lately ive put the seat straight up with the recliner tillted quite way forward. My friend also tells me that is the proper way to sit so it hugs you properly. Correct?

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Your back is supposed to be pretty much straight up right.

Your legs are supposed to arch at the knee but stretch out enough to push all pedals to the floor.

Arms length from the steering wheel should be measured as this;

Back straight up against the seat, arms stretched out until your wrists touch the steering wheel.

This way you should be in complete control. Don't have your seat so laid back that you rely on the steering wheel to prop you up! Lol

As for getting in and out. Well it's inevitable that the bolsters are going to go due to the material. Just replace from capital seating as and when you can.

Adam

coconat

Advanced Member
I'm a real life Hobbit..well borderline, and I sit stupidly close to the wheel, working on trying to get more comfortable sitting further back, but more often than not I have to adjust every damn time to get in and get out to avoid bolster bum :(

I do , what I like to call, the 'spaghetti dance', push seat back, step one leg out, straighten sideways like a spaghetti, getting in you sort of do a wavy squirmy coking spaghetti motion..this is hard to describe on a forum..it's definitely special though

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'm quite tall and I find with the Teg I'm either sitting too far away or too close to the pedals. The DC5 is a really awkward car to get comfy in and to get a decent driving position. I'm constantly having to shuffle and get a nice, comfortable position where I feel at one with the car and where I can drive quickly without feeling as though I'm all over the place in the seat.

Getting in and out of it though is fine, don't have a problem with that as such.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Easy to get in and out without touching the bolsters heavily.. Just put your right hand on the sill and pivot around that! Simples :)

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
Every time i get in and out of my car, i don't crush the seat bolster at all. I put my left foot onto the car floor and right hand on top of the door sills and bridge myself onto the middle of the seat.
No need for adjustment and healthy seat bolster. :)

scottj15

Advanced Member
I don't have a problem getting in and out without crushing the bolsters... Passengers on the other hand! Drives me crazy when people just throw themselves into the passenger seat and completely flatten the bolster :xtsk:

Mark_teg

Staff member
scottj15 said:
I don't have a problem getting in and out without crushing the bolsters... Passengers on the other hand! Drives me crazy when people just throw themselves into the passenger seat and completely flatten the bolster :xtsk:
I've made my 20 stone mate sit in the back :)

Alien

Advanced Member
Bonson said:
Every time i get in and out of my car, i don't crush the seat bolster at all. I put my left foot onto the car floor and right hand on top of the door sills and bridge myself onto the middle of the seat.<br />No need for adjustment and healthy seat bolster. :)
This is exactly what I used to do and managed to keep the bolster in a good condition

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

yosin

Advanced Member
Bonson said:
Every time i get in and out of my car, i don't crush the seat bolster at all. I put my left foot onto the car floor and right hand on top of the door sills and bridge myself onto the middle of the seat.
No need for adjustment and healthy seat bolster. :)
By door sills you mean the top edge of the door. The same edge where the wind deflectors go along. ?

yosin

Advanced Member
coconat said:
I'm a real life Hobbit..well borderline, and I sit stupidly close to the wheel, working on trying to get more comfortable sitting further back, but more often than not I have to adjust every damn time to get in and get out to avoid bolster bum :(

I do , what I like to call, the 'spaghetti dance', push seat back, step one leg out, straighten sideways like a spaghetti, getting in you sort of do a wavy squirmy coking spaghetti motion..this is hard to describe on a forum..it's definitely special though
Hhaaha i too can say im a real life borderline hobbit too and work really hard trying to get comfortable. Sometimes i do think its all in the miiiiiiindddd.... :?

Mark_teg

Staff member
yosin said:
By door sills you mean the top edge of the door. The same edge where the wind deflectors go along. ?
The sill is the bottom edge, where the silver 'Integra Type R' logo is.

Erm

Advanced Member
My seat is always at the furthest away position lol when the seat is back its ok to get out with no steering wheel in the way. Passengers on the other hand have no idea how to get in/out of my car

maxvr6

Advanced Member
coconat said:

I need to see this spaghetti dance, maybe at Japfest you can demonstrate :)

Chewy

Advanced Member
This is Brilliant! Haha.

I have to have the seat all the way back, could do with it being slightly further back but hey-ho...At least steering wheel clearance isn't a problem.

I find the best way of getting in is, left foot in the foot well first, then bum on the seat with your right thigh in the gap between the bolsters and then just swing your right leg over and in, a little shuffling is required to be centered once in, but passangers get a full walk through, tutorial, presentation and final exam before getting in! :xgrin:

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
This is Brilliant! Haha.

I have to have the seat all the way back, could do with it being slightly further back but hey-ho...At least steering wheel clearance isn't a problem.

I find the best way of getting in is, left foot in the foot well first, then bum on the seat with your right thigh in the gap between the bolsters and then just swing your right leg over and in, a little shuffling is required to be centered once in, but passangers get a full walk through, tutorial, presentation and final exam before getting in! :xgrin:
^
That's the way to do it, iv'e used that method from day one ;)

T.G.

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Easy to get in and out without touching the bolsters heavily.. Just put your right hand on the sill and pivot around that! Simples :)
Thats exactly how i do it mark and the bolster is as good as the day i got the 5 ;)

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
scottj15 said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets annoyed with this.