getting my dc5 mapped

Mattcivic

Evening lads, im looking at getting my dc5 mapped end of the month. Its currently running on a k100. My tuner cant map k100 but he will tune k pro. Now my friend has an ep3 on k pro so the plan was to put his k pro board into my ecu. Then once done swap my k100 back into the ecu, has anyone done this? cheers

Max77

Advanced Member
I'd be more concerned at the fact that he is saying he can't map k100

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
I believe I am correct in saying

You cannot alter the map on the K100, Mappers use a K Pro to produce the map then simple copy this to the K100.
The K Pro for an EP3 is different to a DC5 and is no compatible

Pretty sure thats right but could be corrected

Rom

Advanced Member
Sounds about right Tom. They use a test board to map it, then fit the customer's board.
So the tuner doesnt have the right equipment. I'd look elsewhere myself.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

FireDance

Advanced Member
I think I have read this right.... you want to remove the KPro & put it in your ECU, then remove that & put in K100 into your ECU & put the KPro back in his ECU?

The Hondata is soldered into the ECU

If you remove that & ruin the ECU you are screwed. If you screw up your friends ECU & KPro he will not be your friend.

This is not advised to do this. Ever.

Please find another mapper.

tico_87

Advanced Member
No, he wants to remove his mates kpro ecu, fit it in his dc5, get it mapped on the kpro, then copy the map onto his k100 and refit it to his dc5 .

Dan Page

Matthew your exactly right. And they are compatible with each other too.
To tune the k100 the k pro daughter board needs putting into the k100 ecu (simply push fit into it with 1 retaining screw). Tune it and upload calibration. Swap k pro and k100 boards back over. Job done. Your car now has the new tune. Ep3 is still on its original tune un altered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justintian

Advanced Member
I thought the ep3 ecu is not compatible with dc5 due to the wider band sensor in dc5. Otherwise you can just buy a oem ep3 ecu to modify to a kpro ecu?

dc5ian

Advanced Member
JT's said:
I thought the ep3 ecu is not compatible with dc5 due to the wider band sensor in dc5. Otherwise you can just buy a oem ep3 ecu to modify to a kpro ecu?
you can turn it off in the settings, i ran a ep3 ecu for a while as my mate wasn't using hes and gave me time to buy the correct ecu

Mattcivic

Well we done what we intended to do an surprise it works. And was mapped yesterday an made a healthy 240hp "255 on tdi births" lol very impressed how smooth the car drives an the power, feels like a different car :)

jrscho

Advanced Member
I would've expected more power than 240bhp with those parts!

Or am I talking crap lol

Mattcivic

Like I said, on Tdi norths dyno is expect to see 255. But in the real world I know it's 240. I don't wanna big the car up for what it's not. Lol