Glass out respray costs, so I can have a rough idea..

adam.

Advanced Member
Has anyone had this done on their 5?

What kind of cost am I looking at?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Depends where you go as everyone will price differently however you're looking upwards of 2k. Thought about a wrap?

adam.

Advanced Member
I'm just trying to get a rough idea though.

I saw a body shop and went round the car with them, they sent me an estimate for £2,700. It wasn't even that much work, but I was in a leafy village in south bucks so guessing it'd be cheaper elsewhere.

Pasty

Banned
Mines in the process (check my build thred) I work in the shop that does it, but if it was a customers you'd be looking at 3/3.5k

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I had mine resprayed apart from the boot lid and it came to near £2.5k. That also included some dent repairs in the passenger door.

joiner

Advanced Member
I am going to be £3000 according to my painter, that's me stripping every thing, doors off, rear quarters glass removed. The only thing not getting sprayed is the tailgate as did not want a mask line around bottom of rear glass and didn't fancy removing it!!!!. I informed him I wanted a factory standard finish with no signs of respray etc and a perfect job

All painters will quote different prices but will also have different standards, I've used my painter for years and realise he tends to be more expensive but can never fault his work.

Rom

Advanced Member
2k wont get you a top notch job. Not unless its mates rates.

2 of the most highly regarded bodyshops in bristol quoted me £5k, 1 ive used before.
That was for glass out, doors, boot etc off, all shuts doing, everything but the engine bay basically. Was to a different shade of white, but still white.

If i kept same shade, no doors or boot off, no shuts done they still said around 3k. But they are high end places, that paint a lot of customs, and exotic / super cars etc.

As someone whos had a few cars painted before, ill give you my views. Ive paid very top end, and the job was very good, but still not perfect. Ive had a mate do it for materials pretty much, and the finish was good (wasnt done in a booth / oven).
6 months down the line, both will have a stone chip, or a ding etc, that essentially 'ruins' the car.

My 5, i had done at a place 40 miles away, but recommended by 2 other 5 owners. They let me strip 90% of the car, and rebuild it, which saved me a lot of money. The finish is again, very good, if im honest, not quite as good as the top end one i had done. But that still wasnt perfect, it was just marginally better.
I have a good eye for bodywork, and am pretty fussy. So when i say not perfect, I mean a speck in the lacquer etc, not runs or lumps of crap etc. The kind of stuff no one notices, but you do when you wash it.