Going for a respray

Future

Advanced Member
Cheers Ben you have done an amazing job with that, I'm no photoshop expert or amateur but that has made my mind up.

I like that very much :xnworthy:

Future

Advanced Member
Cheers coolerking.

I must say speaking to the guys there I am more than happy with them carrying out the work.

How long ago did you get yours done?

Does it still look as fresh as it did then?

I can't really think of anything else, but if I do I will pm you.

Cheers again.

Regards, Chris

coolerking

Advanced Member
yeah there good guys, I had mines done in march 2012 and still looks great, ask anyone who has seen it on here and they'll back that up. They take plenty pictures as well for you to keep if you ever decide to sell.

Future

Advanced Member
Cheers again Coolerking.

I am more than happy with your endorsement and I trust your car still looks amazing, like most cars on here. I know most of us on here are very picky with our cars and look after them better than most.

They said they would keep a record of all the work done just to prove that it isnt an accident repair etc, but I will take pics before it goes in and after it comes out, then finaly get some pics up on the site.....finally!!

They remembered doing Coldfuses and mentioned that they also done a CW one, so I assume that must be yours then.

Future

Advanced Member
Little bit of an update, and a request from one of our resident photoshop wizards.

Still not got the quote, as they have been snowed under, and I am due off shore next week so not in too much of a rush.

But discussing the colour options, he said yellow was a pain as it's such a light pigment, it would need 7-8 coats to get a deep rich colour, and will be an even bigger pain if it gets chipped, scratched etc.

The Horizon Turquoise (as shown above, thanks to Ben) he liked and said pearl paints aren't a problem and will probably only required 3 coats, possibly 4.

Then he asked about this

Northern Lights Violet. I am interested in this and am torn between the turquoise and this.

I hate choices haha.

Any chance one of you amazing people can photoshop this onto a DC5 for me pleeeaaassseeee. Love you guys

Kind regards, Chris.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
^that would look ace. :xyes: The turquoise looks too similar to the Arctic blue in that Photoshop, and thinking of the future, a fresh Champ white would be a better option.

but having said that, its your car mate. That purple would look really sweet though. What about pirates black??

Future

Advanced Member
I looked at pirates black, but you really need a good light to show it off, which we don't get too much of in the UK haha.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Why not go for a wrap instead of a full re-spray will cost around a grand so considerably less and when you get bored you can take it off and resort back to the previous colour?

Future

Advanced Member
I have thought about that crazylegs but I like the deep shine and reflection from the paintwork. I'm due 3 maybe 4 pay rises in the next 2 years so if I get bored I'll change to something else lol. But in all seriousness I have had the car over 6 years now (not 5 like I said before) and it has been standard all this time, so I need a change, and why not go all out??

G Man

Advanced Member
Not even close to the same colour, never mind shade lol.

Ben, I think more than Hue adjustment is needed this time!

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Be careful with JRM, good lads but they seem to let some standards slip. My back arches were not sealed and done properly and they forgot to do a few things i asked for....

I now have to get my back arches re-done and sort out my underseal that they did not do either. Also asked them to seal the rear lights which they did not do.

Cheers.

JezW

Advanced Member
I got you covered mate ;)

I sampled the violet colour from a larger image of a crz, I think the one you posted a pic of is a bit deceiving but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Here's the one I sampled.

Pic 1 - Turquoise
Pic 2 - Taken from the sample
Pic 3 - Little bit more purple, less red
Pic 4 - If you like purple...how about a purple/bluey mix. Kind of a fast and furious look to it..I'm sure I've seen that kind of colour on a car before.

Ignore the bluey tinge on the front bumper, it's difficult to get rid of the sun reflection.

Any others? It's really easy :p

JezW

Advanced Member
BMW atlantis blue you say?

I haven't used photoshop in ages...I forgot it can be quite fun :)