Going for a respray

Future

Advanced Member
Lots to reply to here. So starting with Chris. I haven't looked much beyond the Honda colour schemes just to keep my choice easy, but looking at the pics of the Atlantis blue, it does look good. I thought I had my mind made up a few days ago, need more thinking time I think lol.

Coldfuse, the one person I was hoping would respond regarding the quality of JRM's work. The pics of your car looked amazing, but I suppose only time will tell with things like the rear arches. How did they get away without the undersealing? I hope they didn't charge for it. Cheers for the info, I'll keep it all in mind when speaking to them next.

JezW, thanks alot for the time and effort for all the pics. As said before I'm no photoshop enthusiast so I have no idea how easy, or how long it takes to do that. I must say you are making my choice harder not easier haha!!

Last but not least Erm, I was looking at candy colours, cause I seen a gorgeous teal a few years ago, but speaking to JRM they advised against them. Seemingly they done a car in candy apple red and it was the biggest pain in the a***. Again, that website does not make choices any easier haha.

Once again, thanks to everyone who had responded, your help, info and pics are all greatly appreciated.

Regards, Chris.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Future said:
Coldfuse, the one person I was hoping would respond regarding the quality of JRM's work. The pics of your car looked amazing, but I suppose only time will tell with things like the rear arches. How did they get away without the undersealing? I hope they didn't charge for it. Cheers for the info, I'll keep it all in mind when speaking to them next.
Yeah the car looked great when i picked it up, but thats always the case isn't it. Somethings don't surface until later on. The under sealing was on the list of things i wanted doing and it was quoted but when i came to pick it up i asked about it and he realised he had forgot about it and took it off the original price of the quote. It was still under sealed from import (before i got it) so was fine back then. But i'm currently wanting to freshen it up and i would have liked it to have been done at the same time as the respray realistically.

Don't let this dissuade you though, they are a good bunch of lads who did work quickly and were very competitively priced so i can't complain about that. And the rest of the car was really well done. I also asked them for a loan car as i did not have another vehicle to use in the mean time. one of the guys let me borrow his personal car as they don't have courtesy cars anymore, all i had to do was insure it.

If you are going to use JRM i would make sure you have a list of the things you want doing and get them to keep it with the car.

Future

Advanced Member
That's what I plan on doing Coldfuse, making a list of all I want doing then handing it to them. We did go through a few things verbally as we walked around the car, but nothing was written down.

I did ask about undersealing, as my car is now 12 years old, and been in the UK 7 years or so, it could do with being redone just to keep it as fresh as possible.

Also looking at getting them to refurb and recolour the wheels, possibly a light silver if I go for the purple or torquoise, with the H done the same colour as the bodywork.

Then just a few minor things need doing like door dents and a small repair of a crack on the front splitter and replacing the front and rear badges and decals, clear side repeaters, jazz washer jets and beatrush number plate relocator (which arrived today from america, only ordered it on tuesday, so impressed with that).

Please please stop tempting me with other colours, I'm a nightmare for not making my mind up haha. Everytime I see another this looks ace, I always agree and start thinking of something else, I might have ADHD haha.

Regards, Chris.

Future

Advanced Member
As epic as the TVR looks, I don't think a DC5 could carry that paint job too well.

This is just my personal opinion.

JezW

Advanced Member
No worries mate, I'm about to go out but if you've got any other ideas then let me know and I'll do it this weekend. It only takes a minute.

H105Daz

Advanced Member
Flip paint = FAIL! Just looks chavvy and faded colour to me if I pass one in the street (ooeer!). Awful. :xtsk:

Future

Advanced Member
Bit of an update.

Just had my quote today finally and was happy with it. Going offshore tonight for 3 weeks and have left the car with JRM to work on and finish for when I return.

I am going for a colour change and have deviated away from the turquoise and purple, this was after a very long and hard think on my last trip.

So getting car resprayed, alloys refurbished and colour changed and brake calipers resprayed and a few other little jobs just to tidy the car up.

Can't wait to get home now and I'm not even away yet. This is going to be the longest 3 weeks in the world.

Thanks again to everyone's feedback and photoshop work. It has helped me lots.

Kind regards to all.

Chris.

Future

Advanced Member
In JRM Kahn?

I looked at y56 but was warned off it by JRM as it takes alot of coats to get a really deep rich colour of it. I do really like it though, especially with a black/carbon bonnet, wing and wheels.

kahn_v

Advanced Member
It does take a lot of quotes and it's more money to normal paints.

Gonna make it all Oem

Future

Advanced Member
Sounds good and I look forward to seeing it done. I've only seen dc5's in America with it done, it was just a quick Google search I done though.

Always good to have something different!!

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Took me a while to work out that y56 meant Phoenix Yellow as per DC2 colours. Its possibly one of the nicest colours on a DC5 (Australia got the option) as long as the interior is black.

It will look epic.

Future, i assume you are not revealing the colour until it is done?

bennn

Advanced Member
Look forward to seeing it.

Also looking forward to see the Phoenix yellow DC5.

Would be awesome if you could get a set of the yellow recaro's from a DC2 to go in it!

Future

Advanced Member
Coldfuse, you're correct.

I'm hoping the combination of wheels and body work and calipers is awesome.

Hint calipers are staying red :)

kahn_v

Advanced Member
bennn said:
Look forward to seeing it.

Also looking forward to see the Phoenix yellow DC5.

Would be awesome if you could get a set of the yellow recaro's from a DC2 to go in it!
Lol talking about yellow recaros, I also have them but they're in my bros civic Jordan