Going to look at a DC5 Integra on Wednesday.

ErA

Looking at the above this week.

- 2003 53 plate
- White
- 18,600 miles

Now, I have absolutely no idea about Integras :lol: so was hoping you guys could give me a few pointers?

What engine variants were there on the DC5? My insurance company can only seem to see 'Honda Integra R(IMPORT) 1.8 Litre', this is the DC3 right?

I believe the DC5 is 2.0?

Any other good or bad pints or things to look out for when viewing it? I know a fair bit about cars in other fields but not these, so know the basics to check for just not DC5 specific things.

Cheers everyone, will let you know how it goes :D

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
That insurance is wrong - thats a DC2. Best to get a quote for right car before going!

Check the insurance thread but A-Plan, Sky, Adrian Flux, Direct Line, Tesco - are some that know of the DC5.

About what to look for - Sorry to say this but do a search, question been asked loads before - good luck with the viewing xthumbup

Evs

Advanced Member
Well now that we've made the point about using the resources already here... :wink: :lol:

Just the one spec of engine: 2.0 litre (K20a) with '220bhp' (note quotes - this is on JDM 100RON, they don't make that much on our fuel)

Look for:
Usual signs of crash repair, bad mods & neglect
Check oil level - some use a bit, has it been topped up? If not, potentially big problems
Second gear synchro - try a quick change when cold and see if it crunches
Has it been undersealed? Should be done by import company, if not then you could be looking at rust
Dodgy paint - some of them are painted a nasty light brown colour, if so, avoid... :lol:

HTH?

Evs

Advanced Member
Mine doesn't - but I agree that it's common for them to do it and not necessarily a reason to avoid the car. :)

ErA

Lol. Cheers everyone...

I forgot about the Japs not undersealing their cars, must remember to check this!

If it isn't undersealed, reckon it's probably best to stay clear?

Do all DC5's have those HID / Xenon lights?

Finally, i'm 21 years old with 2 years NCB, pass plus, full license for 3 years and 4 months, no points / convictions...

Elephant don't recognise the DC5 online (will ring up tomorrow to actually ask about it though).

Direct Line / Tesco wont quote (age I guess).

Will try Flux / HIC tomorrow.

I don't see why Elephant wont insure me though TBH, they quoted me £1,700FC in my name for 12 months on an Evo 8 MR FQ320 Import so i'm positive the DC5 should be less 'risk'.

We'll see anyway.

Thanks for the tips so far :D

GeoffMM

yes i am 22 and in exactly the same situation as you. just sold my sti8 which i had insured through elephant however now i cannot get a dc5 as both admiral and elephant do not recognise it and these are the only 2 insurance companies that will quote us due to our age!!!!

looks like you will have to do the same as me and put it off for a while!!!

ErA

Well I don't understand how they're willing to insure me on an Evo but not a DC5 then. :roll:

GeoffMM

neither do i, i have just sold my 320bhp impreza sti 8 and now i cant get insured on a 220bhp honda!!!!

The Mofo

Advanced Member
Try A-plan. I'm 23 and have been driving for 5 years and have 2 years no claims and am currently paying £1200 per year with A-plan.

Neil_H

Advanced Member
It has little to do with bhp and everything to do with the car being import-only.

Have a look at the insurance thread, a few youngsters have managed to get insured.

Webby2001

try adrian flux.... im 23 5 yrs NCB, Class A post code, cat 1 alarm, parked on drive, ltd milage policy (5k)no points or convictions and pay 1180 FC (protected with extra breakdown cover windscreen blah blah blah) its high but the car is special in this country.

so what if u were quoted on an evo...i had a quote of £800 FC on a supraTT at 21 by elephant..

insurance is high cos in the event of a crash, parts etc are generally harder to get hold of.not to mention it being an import and very quick, desirable etc

Good luck and dont give up if your serious bout getting one.but elephant wont help you.

i say go for it