Going to see DC5 tomorrow - Dicksons of Dunblane

Br1an_g

just thought i would let you all know,

I might be getting one sooner than i thought, so have arranged a viewing tomorrow at Dicksons of Dunblane. (50 min drive from me)

they have a white one ready to go, and a blue one still to be SVA'd.

Would really like red, but think I should have a good rumage about the car to make sure its what i want, then i can decide on colour.

Will let you know how it goes...although, i did ask if it had the C-Pack, and he said "Whats that?" :lol:

P15UL T

Advanced Member
i was looking to buy from him but at the time he didnt have any in stock.
good luck !

Br1an_g

ok, so went up today and had a good look:

they had a white one in the showroom, looked in gret condition, red interior, C-pack, no start button, fog light cut into bumper. 20k on the clock and he wanted 16495

a blue one, drivers side seat bolster had collapsed (4.5 grade). he took us a run in the car, and it sounded sweet, and drove with a nice level of comfort.

didnt get a test drive myself, so still feel a bit undecided.

have to say though, that the silver one that he had just sold, looked the best of the colours. i know white is the 'Proper' colour for one, but dont think i could cope with the cleaning regime needed to keep it looking as good as it deserves.

blue looked great when the sunlight hit it..
still need to see a red one in the flesh, as from the pictures i have seen, this is still my favourite.

Allan that i spoke too was very helpful.

P15UL T

Advanced Member
have to say that the price does seem a bit steep for the white one
hope you have some luck and get one soon

Br1an_g

SpideyMack said:
Mine was the Silver one that you saw! Just got it on monday - chuffed to bits with it!
good choice.....it looked great..

i did think that he was a bit steep considering what you can get down south for less money.

sorry for not replying sooner, but ive been exploring my options...and a BMW Z3M-coupe is looking tempting.. :oops:

linzi94

Advanced Member
the white one i had a look at in their showroom had broken interior trim, scraped n/s head light lens, red peeling off type-r badge and symetrical scuffing on the front apron where it appaered to have been rallied on or off a transporter, and three different tyres, for a Y plate i thought it was rather steep, was about £16500 i think.

P15UL T

Advanced Member
Sorry Brian was obviously thinking of a different car :oops:
320 bhp rwd sounds good though

happy shopping :wink:

P15UL T

Advanced Member
linzi94 said:
the white one i had a look at in their showroom had broken interior trim, scraped n/s head light lens, red peeling off type-r badge and symetrical scuffing on the front apron where it appaered to have been rallied on or off a transporter, and three different tyres, for a Y plate i thought it was rather steep, was about £16500 i think.
was this at dicksons also ???

linzi94

Advanced Member
yes, dicksons of dunblane, there was another white one in the yard, it had shadey aftremarket alloys on it.

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
linzi94 said:
yes, dicksons of dunblane, there was another white one in the yard, it had shadey aftremarket alloys on it.
If you're in central scotland, why dont you buy my one (complete with not-so-shadey aftermarket alloys ;) )

truffs

When i spoke to him whilst ordering a new part he stated that he was moving onto a new project. Its a very good looking car up close i saw it a t the pod last october.

FunkyProduct

Advanced Member
Jor-El said:
why are you selling Funky P?
Yeah, what truffs said :)
I'm after an Evo 9 - just fancy a new project car. There's nothing further I want to do with the Teg and I really fancy something with a hairdryer (turbo). Much as though I've loved my time with the Teg I feel the time has come for a change.