Going to see my first DC5...

DaveB

Im trading in my Astra 888 and going for a 52 plate Integra DC5.

Just wondering what things to look out for and any advice, etc?

> Ive noticed some have a push button start, is this aftermarket?

> Do they need some kind of underseal? As Japan doesnt salt their roads? Do I need to do this? Or should the dealer?

> How reliable are Integras? How do I get parts if it goes pete tong?

Thanks a lot.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Get a low tax version!

Make sure its been SVA's correctly i.e HID still, limiter removed etc

start button is fitted at factory when you buy the c-pack

some SVA testers do underseal but others don't so best checking this also at time of purchase. If it isnt done, deffo get it sorted.

Reliable?? They're amazing. I use mine everyday and have never had anything go wrong. Don't get me wrong they have there little niggles but nothing drastic.

logik

Advanced Member
Hi mate,

Well there are certain "Packs" that the DC5 can come with etc. Like for example a C Pack has a rear tinted window, rear wiper, electric mirrors. I think the starter button is an optional extra.

For the UK, yes i would recommend under sealing it. This can be done by the importer, for example 200BHP Cars do theirs before sale.

Very reliable, just like most cars if maintained properly and looked after. As for parts, Dave Johnson on this forum will supply you with whatever you need.

rodney

Advanced Member
DaveB said:
Im trading in my Astra 888 and going for a 52 plate Integra DC5.

Just wondering what things to look out for and any advice, etc?

> Ive noticed some have a push button start, is this aftermarket?

> Do they need some kind of underseal? As Japan doesnt salt their roads? Do I need to do this? Or should the dealer?

> How reliable are Integras? How do I get parts if it goes pete tong?

Thanks a lot.
=; How's about a search, as you can imagine your not the first person to be looking for a DC5, everything you could ever need to know has been covered and possibly covered again.

xthumbup

roncee

Advanced Member
why dont you just spend a couple of hours going through the forum. You'll know exactly what you are talking about when you go looking.

DaveB

Thanks for the help guys. Ill spend a few hours going through the forum before I head up on Saturday.
:p

SpideyMack

Advanced Member
I take it you're going up to Perth to Dicksons Dave. They always have a decent selection of cars, although some are in better nick than others so check it over carefully. They are also a bit pricier than some of the places down south, so compare with similar cars from 200bhp for example.

My grade 5 silver 52 was bought from Dicksons back in 2005 and was perfect, although a blue one imported at the same time had scratches and dings, and that was meant to be a grade 4.5!

Mine is for sale if you are interested at all, or even if you just want to compare the condition of a car the same age as the one you are thinking of. PM if I can help in any way.