Good shifting?

armjoker

Advanced Member
Coldfuse said:
Powershifting looks more stuttery.
Im not talking about poweshifting, the normal shifting. From 8200 he shifts to 6100 rpms. Its too slow IMO.

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
I don't really understand, i saw the vid as just demonstrating that there are 2 different techniques

Stylesa

Advanced Member
ollydc5 said:
I feel like I have just lost part of my life watching that :xconfused:
:xlol: :lol:

Isnt that a normal rev drop? i think if i shift at 8k i drop out of vtec.

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
Well there both distinctly different ways of shifting, one is regular shifting like we all do, the other is you keep your foot flat on the gas the whole time and just dip the clutch and do the change

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
In fairness (and i forgot at the start) that video is of an RSX (hence the strange speedo reading). Because they have different engines, its obviously going to have different results.

Type R redlines are at 8.5k and they probably top out at around 8800. So on a full bore run i doubt a DC5 would drop out of vtec.

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
Ahh you might be onto something there, according to Wikipedia (so take with a pinch of salt) the K20 in the limp wristed america version has the limiter set at 8200rpm so that'd explain it and the VTEC engagment is down at 5800rpm so that guy is shifting perfectly within the power band of that engine

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
Yeah the standard JDM DC5R, prefacelift atleast, will hit the red line at 8400 and the limiter at 8600

MattDC5

Advanced Member
sovietspybob said:
Well there both distinctly different ways of shifting, one is regular shifting like we all do, the other is you keep your foot flat on the gas the whole time and just dip the clutch and do the change
Fair enough, didnt notice much difference myself :oops: