Goodbye to FTO GpVR Hello DC5

daz_martin

Been looking on here since last year, finally found one. Went against everyones advice on here when I mentioned I was looking and you said they were cack and don't bother :wink: , sneaky buggers !

Any ways look what I have

SMILE !!!!

Anyone on here in the North East of England ??
Post more up soon
Cheers

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
Daz_martin, that is an awesome photo! Do you have a higher res available for use as my windows desktop?? :D

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
daz_martin said:
dc5-2ltr - You go to the Jap North East meets don't you ?
Yes Daz..been to quite a few but am busy finishing some work on my house at the mo so will be missing one or two meets :cry:

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
another fto to Dc5 convert :D (although I still have my fto sitting around that I need to put up for sale :cry: )

daz_martin

My FTO was a triptronic so completely different for me going back to manual ( especially with the close ratio box ! ) It was also a Version R so no soundproofing etc and a straight thru exhaust so very loud, The DC5 seems a bit more refined although faster.

StuMcGrath, were you in the FTO owners club ? your name rings a bell.

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
yes... I'm on the fto forum too.... I remembered your user from there too....

my spec was...

Black 95 GPX, Manual conversion + LSD, RPW manifolds + downpipes, mongoose exhaust + decat, CDA Induction kit , cusco front strut,uprated springs/shocks, HID Kit, ACE 112 18's,original indiglo dials, razo gear knob & pedals, version R spoiler.

there isn't much difference between my fto and DC5. the FTO corners really flat with no body roll compared to the DC5 but that is to do with the uprated suspension which was fitted in japan (don't know what type,but its pretty harsh with 225/35/18 tyres), the DC5 seams soft compared to it :D

the DC5 is faster in a straight line ...

think I probablly do some suspension changes to the DC5 but probablly not power stuff.

Hostile

No way, i was a version R owner as well lol ,hi everyone!! 8)
My id was V6 GPR and im waiting for my dc5 to go through SVA should get it next week!! cant wait