Goodrich brake lines

integrad

I have just bought Goodrich hoses for my 5 and the fitment on the front lines is different from the standard lines ie where the lines are secured on the leg there is no bracket on the new hoses only a lug that sits in the recess where the original bracket was any ideas?help?

Rom

Advanced Member
Ive had this on previous cars. Standard usually had a large rubber doughnut type mount which clipped into a bracket.
New ones had nothing.

Last car i had it on, i cable tied them loosely so they couldnt chafe on wheel, and made a rubber grommet to stop them chaffing on shock. Crude but worked.

Ive not got mine yet, so not entirely sure how they mount on these.

Brecht

Advanced Member
i've got the Goodridge Black phantom brake lines , and all the connections were the same as oem as far as i remember..
Can you post a picture of what it looks like?

integrad

Thanks for the replies I will get a picture later in the week when I get my wheels of again but at the moment I have cable tied them in place.I am going to get a couple of brackets fabricated at work hopefully but I am a bit annoyed that they do black phantom lines that are direct replacment.I thought these ones would be straight forward obviously not.

integrad

Well I did get a few pictures but they are to big to put on here but I have been in contact with mtec who I brought them from and they have discovered that they have sent me the wrong hoses.However I would like to point out that they have dealt with this in a professional manner and I have got the correct hoses on there way to me on a 48 hour courier at no cost to myself (well done mtec)and they don't want the wrong hoses back so no big hassle.