Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2 215/45 17 91Y XL

lucas_dc5

I have just had Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2 91Y XL fitted on all corners for my DC5 after reading the positive comments on this forum about them. I have to say I'm very impressed with them, the car feels 100 times better after changing the tyres (previously Toyo DRB which came on the car when i bought it). It feels so much more planted its unbelievable, I can't recommend these tyres highly enough!

Luke.

Erm

Advanced Member
They are great tyres, would never put anything else on a daily driver DC5

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Awesome trye but I would never use 215's again.

225's look so much better on oem wheels. 215 makes it look like you have a flat tyre.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I've just ordered 2 more for the rear so should have them on soon and then I'll have an even better handling car I hope!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
225's are meaty. Couldn't swear by them enough. Totally transformed the handling of the car and the grip in the wet is phenomenal.......almost scary because you have more confidence in the wet

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
225's are meaty. Couldn't swear by them enough. Totally transformed the handling of the car and the grip in the wet is phenomenal.......almost scary because you have more confidence in the wet

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
Any good on track though??

Need new track tyres this year as my federal RSR's melted to the point where you could peel rubber off like cheese string

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I think they are best as an all round tyre, not so hot on track, best to get RE070 or AD08 for track work

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Gotta say I've only had them on a few months but they are great tyres!, may have a look at 225's next time as stated ^ ^

turbo5

Advanced Member
Which 225 tyre did you buy. on the 215 its a 215 45 17 91Y XL on the 225 I can't find this spec with the XL unless you have a different load rating 94 does it make any difference ?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Get in touch with Matt at Funky Tyres he will sort you out.

Very good service. Ordered my AS2's and they were with me DPD delivered within 3 working days, spot on.

Chris-141

Advanced Member
I'm needing new tyres in the next month or so

I may have to invest in a set of these!

masterjedijay

Advanced Member
I currently have 215'S but my fronts are up for replacement soon. If I go for 225's at the front will it upset the handling if I keep the 215's on the back until they wear out?

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
masterjedijay said:
I currently have 215'S but my fronts are up for replacement soon. If I go for 225's at the front will it upset the handling if I keep the 215's on the back until they wear out?
it handles fine :)

turbo5

Advanced Member
Are these the correct tyres for the 225 width ? . I will be fitting them on OE wheels £351 delivered.

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 - 225/45 R17 94Y XL FP TL

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Yes its the right tyre unless you prefer the 91y.

Funky has the 94y's for £83 each now so abit cheaper at £332 delivered

Sylar122

Advanced Member
CaLi said:
Yes its the right tyre unless you prefer the 91y.

Funky has the 94y's for £83 each now so abit cheaper at £332 delivered
Did you notice any better handling from 225's?

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Sylar122 said:
Did you notice any better handling from 225's?
I still have 215's on the front as they have not worn out yet. 225's on the back feel the same but they look better as they dont look flat at 32psi like the 215's do.

Perhaps there is more of a difference if you go for the 94y.