Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2 215/45 17 91Y XL

turbo5

Advanced Member
What is the difference between 91 and 94's beside 3 :xgrin: I thought it was the stiffness of the sidewall

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
I have the 94 XL's. They wrapped round the wheel nicer and have a wheel protector rim on them meaning pot holes won't chunk your alloys as easily.
The handling isn't any different, slightly better if anything but I think that's down to sheer grip from them.....but these were replacing toyo proxes so anything is an improvement.
Based on the road driving I have done I am extremely happy with these. Insane grip on the dry and great grip in the wet. Not had much wheel spin even with the jrsc at full chat in the wet.
All in all I give them a solid 10/10

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I've been very impressed with mine in 225 profile all round too. Mine sit on 8j wheels though. Wonder what 235 would be like on 8j, just on the fronts, anyone running that setup? Got to be careful not to create too much drag obviously.

Mine does tend to spin up quiet easily if I'm too harsh with a 1st to 2nd change so I often wonder how some say they get more traction. I normally have to do 1st gear part throttle up to just under vtec, change to 2nd and then plant it for a quicker launch, especially if it's damp. I'm all stock too other than a lightened fly.

Only tyre I'm tempted to try is the AD08 but as people have already said, to see any improvement over the F1's it probably needs to be on a track. For road use the F1 is likely the better choice, particularly in the wet.

Jones_XD

Advanced Member
mine wheel spins up in first and second, need to get it set up for FR and these bad boys now and should be laughing.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I've not been too impressed with the Eagles I'm in being completely honest, they don't feel that great in the wet and aren't exceptional in the dry either. They were ok at first but giving the car the beans I'm finding them not to be that good, the grip levels on them aren't brilliant either.

Will probably opt for some Advans Neova next time round or the RE070's.

turbo5

Advanced Member
I need to order some tyres quickly I am running OEM wheels but want to go to 225 rather than 215
which ones should I order

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
I run the bottom ones, 91Y.

I swapped from my re070s summer wheels back to eagle f1 winter wheels yesterday. First impression was they felt more squidgy.

id be tempted to try the 94Y' xls next time. I know coyote runs the 94's xls

turbo5

Advanced Member
Thanks for the replies I have gone with everybodies recommendations and ordered the 94Y XL's