Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres have arrived

buckley 88

Advanced Member
These should be going on tomorrow, first impressions of them, the lightest tyre ever! can't believe how light they are. I've always been a fan of Falken Fk tyres, never failed me but after reading the reviews on here about the goodyear I had to try them, first thing I did was look for anything in regards to China on the rubber but fortunately enough all I can see is Germany. When I bought the Teg two years ago the previous owner put on brand new Chinese tyres all round and the compound was so hard it was awful, spoilt the car, only now burnt them out, put the rears on the front in the end and about 20,000 miles later they were finally on the bridge! They had actually perished severely, cracking walls etc so understandable I want to avoid tyres made in China at all costs due to that experience. I'll keep you all informed on how the Eagle f1s perform, cheers

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Yep they are light (and quiet!), nice little bit of unsprung weight saving too!

Let us know how you get on.

coconat

Advanced Member
I have been driving on my Bridgestone Potenzas since I imported the car in april, didn't realise the tread was already less than ideal so never really driven the Teg and felt overly impressed after hearing how well it could handle on corners, felt slippy in the wet and not as grippy as I hoped

Swapped them over for Eagle F1's and the difference has floored me, taking corners that previously would have felt a bit iffy without a care in the world, haven't even tried them in the wet yet properly but they feel a whole new level and I think I can look forward to enjoying the car as it should be now, wish i'd bought them sooner!

Dan34

Advanced Member
The XL versions have a stiff sidewall but the Bridgestone RE070 are even stiffer. F1's get my vote as a daily tyre.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Mine arrived on Tuesday from Camskill, two only for now so will be banging these on the front on the weekend and ditching the god awful Event ones that are on there as they shocking in the wet, truly awful. I'll be getting the rears in 2 weeks time so should be a lot better.

Can't wait to get them on!!

beppe786

Beppe
bought two Bridgestone RE070 love them.. used to scrabble for grip now even in wet feel confident turning theres no tyre movement.. in the dry these should out perform most tyres

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
I have Goodyear Eagle F1 87Ys on the front of mine before.

Then Had Bridgestone Potenza RE050s and now on RE002s.

The Potenzas are my favourite.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Just had my Eagle F1 AS2's fitted on the front, car feels instantly better. Looking forward to seeing what it's like in the wet compared to those horror things that were on it.

:xhappy:

Erm

Advanced Member
I'll tell you what it feels like in the wet on these tyres.... planted!

JezW

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

I need 2 new front tyres and I've decided on the F1 AS2s. I've got OEM wheels, so I assume I want the 215/45/r17 91XL? What about 225s?

I've got AD08s all around now, so it won't be an issue leaving the AD08s on the rear?

Blackcircle is £112.46 including fitting. I've never ordered tyres + fitting online...Surely if I just call the garage that's advertising on there I'll get them slightly cheaper...

http://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/goodyear/eagle-f1-asymmetric-2/215/45/R17/Y/91/f?returnurl=%2forder%2ftyres%3f%26width%3d215%26profile%3d45%26rim%3d17%26speed%3dAny%26wintertyre%3d0&tyre=28102734

Cheers

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I got my Eagle F1 AS2's from Camskill (91XL) 215's and got my mechanic to fit them. Cost £95 each plus £6 delivery (£3 each tyre) and then £20 to get them fitted and balanced.

Great service by Camskill, I've had a bit of use in them in the wet and the grip levels are so much better. Just need to get the rears now and then I'm sorted but they are very good tyres. Haven't had a chance to really nail them in the dry yet so can't comment on them in that sense.

integraleo

Advanced Member
JezW said:
Thanks leo. Are there any benefits of 225s over 215s?
Can't really say I noticed any difference other than it gives your wheels a bit more protection and they are cheaper than 215s
No downside for sure.
225/45/17 xl version are the ones you want