Got one!

Dark Blue Mark

Advanced Member
Firstly just a quick thanks and also an apology to those who ive been PMing about their cars for sale - Zero7 / Sharpey / Adrain K / Webbie and anyone else I have forgotten. All great cars, but this one came up a few miles down the road from me (Andy / DemonKnight) and we struck a deal which suited us both :)

Got it today and just given it a quick clean!

Biggest surprise is probably the colour! I always said I wanted white, but after seeing a blue one locally a couple of weeks ago I was really taken by it. It just so happens the chap (Andy) who owned it responded to my post for a test drive :)

Tried it out and really liked it. Only a couple of days later he offered it to me for one reason and another, so that was that.

I have booked tomorrow off so I might go out and do some midnight testing to get used to it :)

Really liking the look and general feel of the car, and it seems to attract a lot of attention. It has a Spoon exhaust which actually sounds rather good, not as loud as DC2 or S2000 ones.

Only thing im not liking that much is the steering feels heavy - but I will get used to that. Also not used to how it grips or handles yet, but the front wheels can be a bit scrabbly when really pushing out of roundabouts. Something not found on an S or Evo obviously!

Mods wise I have a few things planned, Gruppe M and Hondata K Pro map, some decent pads and hoses, along with some springs and geometry changes. That should make it track worthy!

Enjoy :)

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
I'm not allowed to swear at you :x

Seriously though well done mate, Looks sweet

Wanna sell me that one too :D

keevster

Advanced Member
Yeh, glad you got sorted Mark. Looks stunning mate, good luck with it :wink:

Got the weather anyway for putting it through its paces :lol:

Paul :wink:

matt b

Advanced Member
Nice one mark pleased you like it.

Are u the same DBM from S2ki? I used to go on that forum when I had my S you see 8)

Zero7

Advanced Member
Well done Mark,

You done all your research which is so important when changing within the performance car sector, I guess you didn't read the 'white ones are faster posts' though :lol:

Have fun and get used to feathering the throttle. Still have not decided when or if to part with mine. Might not be taking the permy job after all, if that is the case then the CSL is back on the cards.

Let us know how you get on with it, oh! check the front tyre pressure, shoudl be around 31-32.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Looks like a facelift grille there mate, or a stick-on Type-R badge on the grille. Nice and shiny either way! :)

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Welcome to the fold Mark. The steering is heavy in parking situations but this is because it's hydraulic - not electric (one of the EP3 civic's major shortcomings). It's far superior and will give good feedback in cornering.

lockwood77 said:
Looks like a facelift grille there mate, or a stick-on Type-R badge on the grille. Nice and shiny either way! :)
It's a stick on badge.

DC5TU

Advanced Member
Nice car, seen it in the flesh on my driveway a few months back!!!

My N1 on the back there!! lol!

Neil_H

Advanced Member
Nice one Mark, looks great! xthumbup You get used to the heavy steering, in fact you grow to love it!

You have the same fog light switch and reverse light conversion as me, I wonder if this car came from GT Culture originally?

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Nice car mate congrats on the purchase!

Decided im deffo keeping mine now for at least another year!

Dark Blue Mark

Advanced Member
Thanks for the posts guys - everyone at work likes it too, bar a couple of oddballs who dismissed immidiately on its lack of pub talk bhp figure. Ignorance isnt a great quality :D

Neil, not sure where it came from originally.

Stu, im guessing Andy bought the Spoon from you!

Furhter write up to come Andy, but its got everything I wanted the DC2 to have. Extra gear, more torque, more power and more refined but still that DC2 feel about it - get one!