great, seems i can get hold of a dc5 shell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Ollie

problem, the shell has been cut form he front suspension arms forward, ill post pics when he sends me them, im intrigued how it will be, ill have to ask him a few questions aswell as ill need some parts such as the side panels, doubt ill find spares of them (you know the panels that come from the rear, where the fuel cap is and goes over the doors.)

if everything goes to plan and i can get the front sorted by replacement, ill get an evo/s2000 engine and drivetrain in it. wont be finished for a while, as ill be having to save up for the carbon fiber roof, doors, fenders boots, custom ehad and tail lights.

big job but hes gave me a very nice price that will be hard to refuse, ill have to plan accomodation for it though, and trnasportation.

Nick Ollie

buckley, im also bat ship crazy.

ive explained before, basically the guy off eBay will give me the shell for under 500 quid which is a bargain in my opinion, im waiting on pictures for now before i do any deals. id wander though where could i get hold of a replacement front part of the chassis/shell for the car? next on the list is runnign gear (suspension arms, suspension and all that)

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Your words mate,just all the crap removed.

Nick Ollie said:
im Nick,18, im not driving yet,
i have my test aswell tommorow and whats worse i lost my glasses over the weekened and still not found em...,ive been thinking of getting a dc5 for a while, so i was thinking off gettign a written off evo 9
Did u pass? :roll:

Nick Ollie

nope failed by doing 37 in a 30... missed the sign, so understandably i failed.

this wont be a quick couple month project, the beetle im doing has taken over 6 months to do and weve only finished the chassis and shortening on the front beam last month (its slammed to hell).

interesting it will, whats the wheel base length on the dc5? may have to get a custom driveshaft done.

ill proberbly be towing this car around to track days, if i cant afford the insurance theres no way in hell ill be driving this on the road. :shock:

[edit] heres the dc5 that the shell is being taken from

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... =p3907.m29

mardon

While your at it why dont you ban all short people too! :evil:

Just because someone is under 25 doesn't mean they are off lesser intelligence! That comment has really wound me up TBH!

Nick Ollie

im other 6 foot myself :/

lmao

dont ban me please :( lol

get me dad to tow it. :roll: im confidant ill pass next time, i know what to expect and the car will still be in construction anyway.

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
mardon said:

Just because someone is under 25 doesn't mean they are off lesser intelligence! That comment has really wound me up TBH!
Whats ur point? I didn't insult his intelligence(all 17 years of it), I am mearly pointing out...........IDGAF. :oops: :)

Nick Ollie

chalkie said:
mardon said:

Whats ur point? I didn't insult his intelligence(all 17 years of it), I am mearly pointing out...........IDGAF. :oops: :)

mardon

Its just a pointless comment to make in my opinion. There are some great threads and very interesting points posted on this forum but there is no need for some of the elitist attitudes.

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
mardon said:
Its just a pointless comment to make in my opinion. There are some great threads and very interesting points posted on this forum but there is no need for some of the elitist attitudes.
Couldn't agree more. The post i'm replying to,was a 17/18 year old,wiithout a licence,looking to put a Evo 9 engine in a broken DC5 & =; Hammer time. :xMoon:

Nick Ollie

so that should be out of the way, i hope.

im still finding the wheel base size for the evo 9, however i think im goin to go with an evo 8, seem to be an easier write off to get hold of (im quite lucky as theres a salvage auction yard called universal salvage near where i live, some good stuff to be had there. if i go with an evo 8 ill need to extend the driveshaft between the front and back wheels by about 170mm. which means ill need a new one to be made, hopefully i might be able to get access to a lathe to do it. mind you, it will be a mega job to do as its a driveshaft thats just over 2.5 meters long.

http://www.sjskyline.com/spec_dc5.asp

aparently the information here comes form a guy who posts here :)

carbon fiber would be abit expensive, but my electrical course tutor has a brother/mate who can supply and mould carbon fiber parts. im goin to try and get it moulded from original panels, as getting aluminium casts made is more expensive then it is to make the carbon fiber parts. :oops:

spo_gen

Advanced Member
mardon said:

Seriously, if you cant sense that C&S Evo7 was just being sarcastic or funny. I'm going be inclined that yes you are of a lesser intelligence. :lol: :lol:

Unless he proves his project/s, then people are going to believe its a troll. You cannot be such a newbie to the whole internet thing that you will believe anything thats written?

Dont be such a mard-arse and enjoy the banter. :xcheers: :xgrphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.