Greenlight online quote

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
I did a online quick quote last night and received a call a call back today from Will, he quoted me £529 which blew sky's renewal quote out of the water! when I said I will give sky a ring to see what they can do he basically said don't bother as you will just stick with them, and according to him I had phoned you guys last year, and I have never phoned you for a quote before.

so quite frankly i'm not impressed with his attitude for a 1st time caller :(

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
You did a quote with us last, we had all of your details already on system from 2013 and we beat your existing insurer last year again by over £100 (you may of done the quote online or over the phone). When you called us for a quote this year we asked if you wanted a target for your current insurer again, you said if we beat the price you will go with us. We smashed the price and you then wanted to call you exisiting company back.

We saved you £200 on your renewal price but you still wanted to call your existing company back to see if they would match us. Why would you even call us for a quote if you dont want to be with us?

With all due respect why on earth would you give your existing company a second look after charging you £200 more than our price.

We dont want to do your current companies Job for them in organising you a much better deal (they should be doing this as part of your renewal) only for them to benefit from your business. I personally cant understand how a company can drop £200 off their best renewal price anyway.....If they can give you £200 less surely they should of sent you that price in the first place. What would of happened if you just renewed at the higher price without calling around you would of overpaid massively.

At Greenlight we always give customers our best price first time around so they know exactly where they stand.

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
I never came to you last year as I just renewd with sky and I as I couldn't be bothered to phone around. I did a online quote but never heard a thing or got a call back :( so I thought you wouldn't be interested in insuring me. So on the off chance I thought I would just try you guys again and get spoken to like a ass!

We all try to shop about so save money so all I said was I will give you a ring if sky cant match it (which they prob wont) and I will get back to you! more than likely I will go with you but I was just shocked at what he said.

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
You definately had a quote from us last year I can tell you the IP address, date and time of the online application you made. It was emailed to you last year as you requested on our website in 2013. When you called for a quote this year we only had to take some minor details as the majority were on system for last year.

Your current company will just match the price so it's not like you are saving any money over our quote...all you are doing is benefiting them for trying to charge you £750 when they can do it for £530....they win both ways either you renew at £750 without shopping around or you call around and they reduce if they have to....it's crazy why a customer would still renew with them after that.

It's like calling out a builder to quote for building a wall he quotes £1000 then you get another building out for a second quote that comes in at £500....rather than go with the better deal you call the original builder back and say can you do it for £500......doesn't make sense.

Personally as a consumer I want a company to give me there best deal at the start not make me do the leg work.

With all due respect I think it's best you stay with Sky as you are clearly very keen to give them your business....it's a shame as Will explained we still had other quotes pending from our panel of underwriters which could of saved you even more.

will even asked you before calling the first underwriter to price up if you wanted our price as a target....you said if we beat the price you would go with us. We beat your price massively but yet you didn't keep your word and went back to Sky with our price as a target.

We have to maintain relationships with our underwriters and when they do such a big reduction they would expect us to convert the policy. This is why we asked if you wanted a target price as we coulld avoid the awkward "did the Dc5 policy go ahead"...."sorry no went back to current company with our price as leverage to reduce" conversation.

If our price gets beat fair and square by another competitor that's understandable but I just can't get my head round why you would give them a second bite at the pie when they were originally tried to charge £100's more.

It's not like our policies aren't good level of cover and we get great feedback from members on here....we offer track cover from £45, like for like on medications and even agreed value cover option so our policies are some of the best on the market.

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
I never recived said email but what ever

I will happily give you my business, but if you do to want it
There no halm is shopping around for car insurance we all do it so I don't see what the big problem is

p1tse

Advanced Member
I agree with the original OP, every penny counts, so worth the call here and there to check, confirm