Grime/Film After Winter Driving

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
So after two return trips to Devon over the Christmas holidays I have only got to cleaning the car today. The dirt was pretty set in and took a good couple of washes per panel.

After the wash though I can still see like a misty layer of dirt. Bit like it's lightly embedded and mostly on the bumpers.

I know that it really needs a proper deep clean, clay and polish. But weather isn't going to allow that for a while.

Anyone recommend a good deep cleaning car shampoo that I can try before I get time to do a proper clean? I'm doing it by hand, I don't have a pressure washer.

State of her after the first return trip to Devon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Auto finesse citrus power is pretty good but you need a decent pressure washer to get the best out of it

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
If you want something to strip back the ingrained dirt without damaging the paint, mix a 50:50 solution of autoglym shampoo or similar with Stardrops and fill with hot water. Then use the 2 bucket method from there on.You can get stardrops from almost any supermarket for about a quid for 750mls. Absolutely cracking stuff.