grooved and drilled discs and pads.

the pooch

Hello, I've recently purchased a dc5 and the front brake discs are very worn and wanted to upgrade to some grooved and drilled discs. Has anyone got any websites they would recomend? Would need pads also. Many thanks josh.

Fubar Andy

Advanced Member
the pooch said:
Hello, I've recently purchased a dc5 and the front brake discs are very worn and wanted to upgrade to some grooved and drilled discs. Has anyone got any websites they would recomend? Would need pads also. Many thanks josh.
Don't bother with drilled, they'll crack in no time. Stick with grooved or OEM.

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Fubar Andy said:
Don't bother with drilled, they'll crack in no time. Stick with grooved or OEM.
+1 drilled discs dont last. The holes fracture so easy.

When i change mine it will be grooved only.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Porthos has just bought some Oem Brembo rotors which were grooved I think from Mtec.

redcap

Advanced Member
I went for the Mtec ones too, OEM Brembo discs that have been grooved. They seem to be good as far as I can tell driving on the road, getting them on track would be a better evaluation, hopefully in the spring/summer I will get on track again post brake upgrade! My only complaint is the noise under heavy braking. It's No big deal though.

chrex

Advanced Member
i just ordered some Honda ones that are getting grooves machined in. Give Andy at Vtec Direct a shout, £150 for pair :)

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
chrex said:
i just ordered some Honda ones that are getting grooves machined in. Give Andy at Vtec Direct a shout, £150 for pair :)
Is that £150 all in for grooved Brembo discs?

chrex

Advanced Member
Alex_Wilson said:
Is that £150 all in for grooved Brembo discs?
Hey, sorry for delayed reply.

Yea the discs are genuine Honda items, and then Andy sends them away to have grooves put in. Comes to £150 inc.VAT. They use them on their VTEC Challenge DC5 and never had any issues. I'm going to pick them up on Tues probs and get the DS2500's too.

The grooves are curved too so they look smart. :)

chrex

Advanced Member
New brake parts :) Honda/Brembo OEM Discs with grooves done by Bremtec (£150) and Ferodo DS2500's.

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
Lad on EK9 forum used to do the MTEC (grooved OEM Brembo) for £130 posted... or if you want the black coated ones £150
He will do them dotted to for the same price.

FreakyParts or something along those lines is his username, he is in the vendor section.

chrex

Advanced Member
I didnt get them delivered - i went and got them. I realise £30 is a bit steep for delivery though...did you say anything about seeing them on here and me recommending them or anything?

dotty

Advanced Member
I didnt get them delivered - i went and got them. I realise £30 is a bit steep for delivery though...did you say anything about seeing them on here and me recommending them or anything?
Yes I mentioned you'd got some. How are you finding them ?

chrex

Advanced Member
Stops on its nose, even cold! The discs really look the part i think and the brakes do feel awesome, although that is compared to the old ones that were utterly battered. I know they use that setup on the DC5 they run in the Vtec Challenge though...so they can take a pounding. I've had the DS2500's before on my Accord T-R too so i know they are a good buy.

chrex

Advanced Member
Andy did say to me when i collected the discs that he had 'mugged himself off'...although i thought he was joking. To be honest though, its quality OEM stuff that has been machined by a proper company and Andy only sells good stuff - so its something that you know you can trust to be good.

chrex

Advanced Member
Aye could work. Get them sorted and delivered to someone going to Japfest. Or to bring postage costs down for an individual set, get your own courier booked to collect from the unit once they are done. Interparcel 48hr (UPS) is about £8.