grooved brembo discs?

integraleo

Advanced Member
So my carbon Lorraine rc5+ pads have had a couple of occasions now where I've suffered from a bit of pad pick up due to me not stomping on them enough and my front discs are getting a bit worn now anyway. Now to keep the pad clean I know grooved discs help with this so looking at getting some. Question is do brembo do grooved or are people buying standard and getting them grooved after? I see cox motorsport are selling the discs for 94 quid at the minute and possibly an extra 5% off with forum discount. I can get the discs grooved at an engineering place for about 15 quid a disc. Is this the best option or are there other popular options available for similar money?

beppe786

Beppe
i did the same.. just on standard discs you can make 12 or 22 cuts they recommended..

i went with 12 as more will eat the pads quicker

integraleo

Advanced Member
Thanks,12 would be plenty to just keep pads clean. Do you notice much more noise under braking?

beppe786

Beppe
integraleo said:
Thanks,12 would be plenty to just keep pads clean. Do you notice much more noise under braking?
i havent fitted them yet.. waiting for my pads to finish then change them over

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
I purchased mine from mtec they can groove them for you, there was also another thread that mentioned a place that did it but can't find it. I wouldn't say much noise under braking but I do find some times, like if your driving in an echoey place I sware I can hear that it's grooved......weird I know.

martinj46

Advanced Member
I've just bought a set of MTEC grooved brembo discs. Hopefully get them fitted soon. They were around £150 and lots of people on here have recommended them in the past

jdmsteve

Advanced Member
I used mtec discs on my teg with ds2500 pads.
Made plenty of stopping power on track even with the Jackson
I'd recommend that combo to anyone

Brophy

Advanced Member
Just got mines delivered today :) front and back.

Couldn't decide on finish but finally opted for dimpled and grooved :)

Benneh

Advanced Member
Brophy said:
Just got mines delivered today :) front and back.

<snip>

Couldn't decide on finish but finally opted for dimpled and grooved :)
Where did you get them from in the end, and how much if you don't mind my asking? ;)

integraleo

Advanced Member
Mtec sells on ebay for 149.99 and free delivery,I messaged them today and all you have to do is leave a message when purchasing for what style you want:
Grooved,grooved and drilled,grooved and dimpled or just drilled I think.
Think I've decided to get brembo discs and have them grooved,saves me 25 quid on the mtec discs.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
How are you doing that integraleo (Paul??)

I might just go for the Mtec ones. Just grooved for me. Got myself a set of Brembo pads from Dotty. 👍

Brophy

Advanced Member
Where did you get them from in the end, and how much if you don't mind my asking? ;)
Don't mind at all mate ;) got from mtec and was £280 all in delivered etc.
And as said above at comments last stage just ask for finish, grooved , dimpled etc.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Gok (aka Chinese Adam) said:
How are you doing that integraleo (Paul??)
I might just go for the Mtec ones. Just grooved for me. Got myself a set of Brembo pads from Dotty.
Hi Adam there's an engineering company next door to my mate's garage that will put any amount of grooves or dimples I want for 15 quid a disc.they do work for f1 teams so I trust them lol. They do lots of odd jobs for my friend including grinding down my carbon Lorraine pads to fit for me

Sylar122

Advanced Member
I can vouch for mtec rear discs, had mine grooved and dimpled, just finished putting them on today with brembo pads very pleased with them! And fast delivery too.

integraleo

Advanced Member
I preferred the look of grooved and dimpled but I opted for just grooved for the extra pad clearing ability.the grooved and dimpled only had a few grooves

Brophy

Advanced Member
I can vouch for mtec rear discs, had mine grooved and dimpled, just finished putting them on today with brembo pads very pleased with them! And fast delivery too.
Any pictures mate ?

Also for grooved only you get 10 and for the dimpled and grooved get 8 grooves. So not much in it :)

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Brophy said:
Any pictures mate ?

Also for grooved only you get 10 and for the dimpled and grooved get 8 grooves. So not much in it :)
I didn't take any pal, il take a picture tomorrow, just need to get it matching for the front now! haha

Erm

Advanced Member
FYI you can get 10% off the new mtec brake website with the code new10 at the moment

fronts for £135.35 delivered