Grounding tweak?

Suped

Advanced Member
which was the reason why I bought a Spoon earthing kit. There's one particular ground wire tagged onto the block.

JiB

Advanced Member
Any noticeable difference? With the Spoon kit? andyd did you give your teg a bit of a blat after that? Was your throttle response etc all sharper and what not? lol.

I'm also looking at a Spoon earthing kit, but other mods are higher on my priority list of mods as funds really are quite short for me atm :oops:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Make your own earthing kit, can be done very nicely with quality cable for under £20.

But i can honestly say i t made no noticeable difference, however as the saying goes every little bit helps,

add a car audio cap for better effect.

Suped

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
add a car audio cap for better effect.
Done that also. The audio is much better. Can last longer than 30 mins without the battery dying. I didn't think the grounding kit would give any sort of power gains as the effect is basically discharging any electrical build for the engine block and other parts of engine.

type-r-dunk

Advanced Member
Hi i have what i think is a SPOON earting kit from my old DC2. Its in good condition. Make me an offer and its yours.
Cheers Dunx

andyd

Advanced Member
JiB said:
Any noticeable difference? With the Spoon kit? andyd did you give your teg a bit of a blat after that? Was your throttle response etc all sharper and what not? lol.

I'm also looking at a Spoon earthing kit, but other mods are higher on my priority list of mods as funds really are quite short for me atm :oops:
personally, i couldn't notice any difference...

I wouldn't bother with the Spoon kit. That makes not difference.

If you want a earthing kit PM TP on here.

Andy

martin200

Advanced Member
I have found that generally, when upgrading / replacing engine earths, the only noticeable difference one finds is that the car starts up a lot quicker. Which can't be bad 8)

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
After adding TP's earthing kit on my EP3 I ended up with 2 WBHP and 3WLB/FT up from the previous run on the same dyno. Could be temperature, could be anything really, but it makes me feel better :p

As for the car, it revs smoother when around idle and I swear my headlights are brighter. Plus my window goes up and down at mach ten whereas before it would take ages, almost as if the motor was struggeling.

For £40 you can't go wrong though, looks good in the engine bay and it makes you feel better about the car - regardless of whether it helps or not.

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
milano_chris said:
After adding TP's earthing kit on my EP3 I ended up with 2 WBHP and 3WLB/FT up from the previous run on the same dyno. Could be temperature, could be anything really, but it makes me feel better :p

As for the car, it revs smoother when around idle and I swear my headlights are brighter. Plus my window goes up and down at mach ten whereas before it would take ages, almost as if the motor was struggeling.

For £40 you can't go wrong though, looks good in the engine bay and it makes you feel better about the car - regardless of whether it helps or not.
I concur, avaliable in Black, Red, Blue, Silver/Clear.

kingston

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
Make your own earthing kit, can be done very nicely with quality cable for under £20.
Care to give a how to guide.... for the uninitiated (like me) :?:

Suped

Advanced Member
the guide shows 1 too many wires needed but offer a good choice to go for.

I bought a few metres of 4 gauge negative Autolead Pro comp wires not long ago for me amps and would guess this would be the good stuff to go for. it was something like £6.99 per metre. Get a few metres would still work out cheaper than the Spoon kit which I paid £80ish for. (tbh, Spoon is the lazy way out! hehe)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a brand new car then the factory earths will be fine so adding an earthing kit will make little or no difference.
on a car thats a couple of years old the earths will not be in as great condition as they are prone to corrosion, especially the braided type that often connects the engine block to the chassis.

By fitting "Earth Kits" we are mostly restoring the original earth system of the vehicle, which is why on occasion an increase can be measured or felt.

I have fitted earths to our cars primarily for astetic reasons and if they help then great.
It is really quite easy to make up a kit and nicer than TPs for about £35

kingston

Advanced Member
HOw did you connect your wires to the mounting point things? DOnt think i trust electrical tape, as seen in that link...