Group Buys for K-100 ECU?

Evs

Advanced Member
...and how tempted you're likely to be by further mods later? :wink:

neolee40

Advanced Member
none really just got the filter, gonna get the mani, got the cat back zorst will get a decat then K-100 :). No plans for any more mods..

what else would you do? which wouldn't cost loads? CAMS?

CleRICK

Advanced Member
HELLYEAH =~ , SOMEBODY PLEASE ORGANISE THIS :!: :!: :!: ,put my name down NOW :D

neolee40

Advanced Member
T666YPR said:
When the bug bites,you can't stop,so,K-pro is it! 8)
you are SO right LMAO :) yeah could the mods get something sorted? How much cheaper you reckon we could get it? if say 10 of us got it?

20% off?

dan the man

Advanced Member
BOOLOX!!!!! :evil: :evil:

trying to save cash and u are starting group buys on k pros....

:x :x :x :x :x

fonz600

Advanced Member
I might be wrong but u may struggling to get a group buy on a K-Pro. I'm sure I asked on the CTRO website about it b4 and was told it wouldn't happen. Can't remember the reason tho and they woulda got a lot of folk on that site up for doing a group buy.

But do ask as I'd be interested too if the price was right

Evs

Advanced Member
It's not down to the mods to sort GBs - if you're interested and reckon you can get, say, 5 or 10 people together then anyone can ask a dealer if they'll give a bulk discount... :idea:

neolee40

Advanced Member
Here's an IDEA once we purchase the k-pro or k- 100 depending on our mods we get a full dyno tune and then we can share out the maps. This would save on full dyno tune's of £350 a shot most of us have the sameish mods anyway? Spoon, Mugen,Injen,Buddy Club. etc...

fonz600

Advanced Member
neolee40 said:
Here's an IDEA once we purchase the k-pro or k- 100 depending on our mods we get a full dyno tune and then we can share out the maps. This would save on full dyno tune's of £350 a shot most of us have the sameish mods anyway? Spoon, Mugen,Injen,Buddy Club. etc...
Only thing is every engine is different and don't all produce the same performance out the box due to little discrepences in mass manufacturing processes. Hence most maps are only roughly right for your car unless u get your specific car setup up independantly.
I was at a RR day in my CTR and got 205 BHP running standard which I was chuffed with but a couple of guys were 185 which obviously they didn't like. thats a 20 bhp difference between the 2 same cars.
I can see why people are willing to sacrifice peak gains for the cost of tuning tho.

fonz600

Advanced Member
Evs said:
It's not down to the mods to sort GBs - if you're interested and reckon you can get, say, 5 or 10 people together then anyone can ask a dealer if they'll give a bulk discount... :idea:
I think the reason I got b4 on CTRO was something to do with the time involved KPro'ing your ECU as well as the parts needed.

Someone should send of an e-mail to CPL and System-R and ask tho as we may get a pleasant surprise

T666YPR

neolee40 said:
This is one reason I think you'll never get a group discount for this kind of mod.
It is like a kick in the teeth to the dealers who put the effort into mapping your cars just for the maps to be given away left right and centre.
Plus as already stated,when you get your car mapped to your mods,it is simply that.Putting the map into someone else's could really knack it if you got it wrong.Each car is different even with similar mods.

Just my 2p

FunkyR

Heya guys, I'm from all the way down under.... ;)

Anyway, K-Pro and K100 in fact are identical in what they can do for your car - in terms of the tuning....

The only difference is that K-pro has more end user useability (eg datalogging abilities, with the hondata software you can retune the ECU yourself). The K100 is just a cheaper more affordable version that's designed for most ppl that dont need so much control over their ECU unlike ppl that professionally race the car. The hondata tuner CAN reprogram a K100 unit just as easily as a K-Pro.