GROUPEM OR MUGEN

M3Tz

Hey guys,

I have heard mixed storys about the groupem and also the mugen,

for example the groupem doesn't stay put and rolls/moves side to side, creating some unwanted noise and rattles.

also the groupem you cannot open your bonnet with the groupem fitted.

the the mugen doesn't really increase bhp unless you have the mugen bumper or 5IGEN (not sure on spelling) ram air feed?

could we have a groupem v mugen comparison, reviews, rolling road results, problems, sounds,

I have the choice of getting either of the 2, but unsure

Thanks

Matt

Evs

Advanced Member
Have you tried a search? All of this has been covered a few times.

The problems with the GruppeM can be addressed easily enough with a bit of imagination and cheap DIY materials. There's even a thread about whether you can open the bonnet or not... :lol:

There's a dyno thread in the gallery section so have a look at that.

There's not an awful lot of info about the Mugen tbh but your assessment of it is probably pretty fair.

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Personally I don't think the Gruppe M can really be compared to the Mugen air box.

There is no doubt in my mind about the build quality of the Mugen system but in terms of actual gain in performance, there is very little over the stock air box.

The Gruppe M is a great system and if combined with a decent exhaust header / Cat back and a mapped KPRO the gains are substantial across the entire rev range.