Gruppe M fitted

Archie

Advanced Member
What a bit of by far the second best investment ive made other than buying the car :D

Was a bit of a pig to fit and took some slight modifications

Jap instructions did not help so a lot of trail and error

I thought you could not open your bonnet with out removing the Air scoop , but i can ?????

Love the sucking noise as you turn it on

Sonds like ive got a very :xmad: Bengal tiger under my bonnet when in :xvtec:

Well happy :D :D :D :D :D

spo_gen

Advanced Member
The DC5 kit, u can open the bonnet without cutting the scoop. Its the EP3 one that needs trimming.

ENJOY!! :D

luffy

Advanced Member
fair play.....looking 4 ward to seeing it in action sometime mate.... might have to take me for a little spin as well :wink:

Boukstraus

I'm thinking of getting a Gruppe m , what sort of modifications do you mean? i'm no expert in modifying, but i'm not adverse to getting stuck in and giving things a go. I just don't want to buy then have to go to garage like a pansie asking them to fit it cos i can't. If its just a matter of fitment is not 100% or other stuff needs gently moving out the way i'll go for it.
Had the car nearly 4 months now, so want to liven things up. Cheers :wink:

mikegsi

Staff member
yeah its more a case of fitment not being 100%!!!

other than the area it sits on the windscreen mine fits perfectly with no rattles, but i have wedged some pipe foam around where it meets the spoon strut bar, this also helps hold it secure

rsx

when i fitted the gruppem i ve noticed aslight hesitation up to 4500rpm where it realy makes a big difference compared to standard airbox.anyone else noticed that?

gregb

Advanced Member
not personally but the odd day when the scoop was off due to rain and running cold in low revs she seemed to suffocate slightly.
but i was told with the toda mani it may run lean and i haven`t noticed it since the kpro went in which is supposse to help solve this.

rsx

i have a mugen style carbon bonnet fitted on my teg.i dont know if that blocks some air.the scoop does not interfere with bonnet opening like everyone said,maybe it sits lower in mine than in other cars

JCW

Advanced Member
Boukstraus said:
Well it will certainly do that. The gains i liked - the noise not so much.. must be getting old :shock: i dunno i just like the way it sounds stock... ok ok it could be a little louder i suppose :lol:

@mikegsi - if you want the scuttle panel to sit down on the windscreen better put a dab of clear/black silicone sealant under the corner and put something heavy on it while it dries - i did this and it sat down flush to windscreen and lined up nicely with the drivers side scuttle panel :idea:

mikegsi

Staff member
JCW said:
Boukstraus said:
Well it will certainly do that. The gains i liked - the noise not so much.. must be getting old :shock: i dunno i just like the way it sounds stock... ok ok it could be a little louder i suppose :lol:

@mikegsi - if you want the scuttle panel to sit down on the windscreen better put a dab of clear/black silicone sealant under the corner and put something heavy on it while it dries - i did this and it sat down flush to windscreen and lined up nicely with the drivers side scuttle panel :idea:
cool, i'll give that a go, was thinking more technically about putting soem clips in teh tright position so it would sit nicely in teh oem slots! bit of decent sealant will prob do though!

Archie

Advanced Member
I had to file down the lip on the scuttle pannel as it was a bad fit and would not sit properly , Also the kit does not seal together very well as you have metal on metal so i used a very thin layer of silicon to seal it up at the joints.

You dont need to be an expert to fit this kit just a bit of savy due to the lack of instructions its just trail and error

Loving it but my fuel consumptions just gone through the roof !!!! Just love that vtec growl :D

Will post some pics up when i get time

:D :D :D :D