Gruppe M fitted

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Well a BIG thanks to Rob for helping me fit this tonight after work. :D

I'm glad I didn't tackle it on my own, not because it was difficult, but it made things faster & easier with 2 pairs of hands.

The way the box fits in my bay is SPOT ON!!!
After some ideas that EVS gave me about using some pipe lagging to wrap around the OEM & Spoon strut, (Cheers Mate :wink: )the box is nice & secure with not rattles from there @ all.

The red hose that comes with it isn't to my taste, but hey ho...this will replaced with braided hoses when I fit my catch tank.

The Gruppe M scuttle is a shocking fit imo.
Sits very proud in the middle & almost no where to get some fixing on near the wing.

The scoop is a blinding fit & doesn't catch the bonnet at all....looks great behind the carbon bonnet too.

The only victim of fitting it the rubber that covers the bonnet hinge.
Although I'll replace both of these once I have modded my OEM scuttle panels & go to put them place.

Now for the important bit....how does it sound, feel & go!!!

Sound wise when we first started it up you can hear it sucking the air which was very odd tbh. Once on the move the car felt different. The best way to describe it as is more solid before VTEC. Once in VTEC is does make a nice noise, not as loud as an Injen style imo, but like a nice metallic bark almost. I think it has helped lean out my rich top end as it pulls towards the redline with alot more keenly. :twisted:

Overall I'm very impressed with the kit.

Just need to get my scuttles modded, rubber hinge covers replaced & the braided hoses knocked up & it'll be perfect.

Suped

Advanced Member
Nice one mate, now we all know who to bring the teg for the GruppeM fitted. :lol:

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Suped said:
Nice one mate, now we all know who to bring the teg for the GruppeM fitted. :lol:
:lol: Rob was the main man. But it was good because things I missed or got wrong he solved & bits he wasn't 100% with I solved.

2 heads are defo better than one for this job imo.

Evs - Indeedy they did buddy....I owe you an ale or two.....I owe Rob a Happy Meal too now :oops: :lol:

Rob CTR

Advanced Member
no probs mate - do love the fact the scoop matches your bonnet... scoop probably does a brill job at speeds of 50+ i should think.

KPRO next Lee!

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Rob CTR said:
no probs mate - do love the fact the scoop matches your bonnet... scoop probably does a brill job at speeds of 50+ i should think.

KPRO next Lee!
:lol:

Next is mod the OEM scuttle & get it looking tip top. Then plumb the catch tank in with braided hoses.

Then I spose I better start saving for KPRO.

Andy - I only had a chance for a 20mins spin last night, but so far so good. I'll be out & about in it Saturday & if I get a chance I'll pop over & see ya @ TGM mate :wink:

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
typerlover said:
cool mate, so you finally have it in.
How does it feel compared to the icebox?
Tbh I thought the OEM & Icebox felt pretty similar.....couldn't really judge any difference although that might be down to the fact it is so quiet.

But it's like night & day the difference between that & the Gruppe M imo.

StarTrack

Authorised Advertiser
SpaceMonkey said:
But it's like night & day the difference between that & the Gruppe M imo.
wow... that much better he :shock: ?

well you'll have to show up that on Saturday then :wink:

gregb

Advanced Member
Was thinking on a catch can to replace the red piping,but even after 6 mths usage with the gruppem there seems to be no need for either.
Bit tight in the engine bay at present,loads of room for stickers though :D

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
gregb said:
Was thinking on a catch can to replace the red piping,but even after 6 mths usage with the gruppem there seems to be no need for either.
I don't understand what your getting it tbh mate? :?

User

Advanced Member
SpaceMonkey said:
gregb said:
I don't understand what your getting it tbh mate? :?
The red tube is an oil vapour breather tube. But nothing passes through it.

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
User said:
The red tube is an oil vapour breather tube. But nothing passes through it.
I'd of thought because the filter is sucking anything back in.

My catch tank is going on to stop any build up of oil residue on the TB.
So in affect doing what the red tube does, but as the name suggests catching any oil residue.
I have heard a couple of people having probs with this.

tokgeen

hi spacemonkey

i dont exactly understand how to prevent the gruppe m from moving around and therefore rubbing against the plastic where the air comes in... (and therefore rattles)

can u elaborate on that or let me take a look at your finished product? Thanks!!!

Evs

Advanced Member
I don't think I've got any pics of it tbh. It's just an engine... :lol: