Gruppe M Fitting Instructions

Evs

Advanced Member
Cheers Lee 8)

Don't forget to apply pipe lagging to the OEM tower braces and any aftermarket strut brace you've got fitted as well - stops the airbox rattling about :idea: :wink:

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Evs said:
Cheers Lee 8)

Don't forget to apply pipe lagging to the OEM tower braces and any aftermarket strut brace you've got fitted as well - stops the airbox rattling about :idea: :wink:
The famous "Evs Mod" aye :wink:

Pic below that explains it :wink:

dotty

Advanced Member
Good call Lee,

That reminds me I am still on the hunt for a spoon cam cover :D

Ezza

Advanced Member
Did any of you guys find the Gruppe M hard to keep still......? My mate installed mine but the damm thing keeps moving right :( I put 2 layers of sticky foam on it but its rubbed through that. Gonna put 4 layers on it 2nite to stop the damm thing moving :evil:

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Ezza said:
Did any of you guys find the Gruppe M hard to keep still......? My mate installed mine but the damm thing keeps moving right :( I put 2 layers of sticky foam on it but its rubbed through that. Gonna put 4 layers on it 2nite to stop the damm thing moving :evil:
Mine didn't move due to the Spoon Upper Strut Brace, but only because I used the "Evs's Mod" including 25 pence worth of pipe lagging :wink:

Worth buying the Spoon Strut imo.
Will tighten things up & keep your Gruppe M still & true with no marking.

dotty

Advanced Member
SpaceMonkey said:
Ezza said:
Mine didn't move due to the Spoon Upper Strut Brace, but only because I used the "Evs's Mod" including 25 pence worth of pipe lagging :wink:

Worth buying the Spoon Strut imo.
Will tighten things up & keep your Gruppe M still & true with no marking.
Where does one aquire this lagging from?

B&Q looked at me blankly when I asked for it :roll:

Evs

Advanced Member
Got mine from B&Q, they've always got loads of it. It's foam, usually grey, comes in sections about 2m long with a split down the middle for fitting over the pipe. Just have a look round the plumbing / heating section.

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
dotty said:
Where does one aquire this lagging from?

B&Q looked at me blankly when I asked for it :roll:
Stu - I got more than enough laying about in the garage.
I'll bring you a metre length to JAE mate & even take time to trim & fit it for you :lol:

If your too inpatient, then your local plumbers merchant or hardware shop with DEFO have it.

dotty

Advanced Member
SpaceMonkey said:
dotty said:
I will be in Cape Town my friend :(
No sympathy & why the :( smiley

I know where I'd rather be mate.

Now get to the local plumbers merchant you lazy git :lol:
I dont have the time for that shizzle !!

I am meant to be relaxing but when the missus goes to work in the morning I am left with a list of jobs to get on with :oops:

My highlight of today is washing towels for her salon as her washing machine packed in at the salon :roll:

Yes I would rather be in Cape town you are right :lol:

griffy

Advanced Member
Good to see my engine looking nice and clean Lee, by the way on the gruppe m fitting, should there be a rubber bit on the top near the window to stop water getting down, like a weather strip or cowl? It would be handy to know as I think I should find the part for this to stop any water getting in. The part will prob need a slight mod.

The teg is in good hands mate, Jon tells me how much you looked after it and thats exactly how I intent to keep it. First stop, service at TGM which is booked in with Tom and next fixing up that front splitter :D

Dark Blue Mark

Advanced Member
I couldnt get the 2 filter box halves clamped down very well at all :(

The big jubilee can be as tight as you like and the 2 halves still seem to spin, no matter how I align the 2 halves.

Bugger!

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Just to add - when fitting the airbox it's advisable to use pipe lagging on the strut brace. My DC5 is a facelift but I'm pretty sure the pre is similar in this way. 4 cable ties and some lagging = no rattles:

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
The teg is in good hands mate, Jon tells me how much you looked after it and thats exactly how I intent to keep it. First stop, service at TGM which is booked in with Tom and next fixing up that front splitter :D[/quote]

Did u get a price (estimate) for the TGM service?? I guess ur havin an oil change,oil filter,plugs. Anything else?
I really need to get this done asap. :oops:
Cheers in advance, chalkie. 8)

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
While we r here, Hopefully gonna sell my dc2 @ the weekend.
I'll have a few ££, free'd up, wots everybodys first/second/third. Mod choice?

I'm guessing zhaust + airbox is NO 1. If so what? (search) I will. :oops:

Tom @ TGM, took mine 4 a spin and said it was being "strangled" ie, couldn't breathe.

So gruppe m ? Then what...................

Open season guys, let' rip...................... :lol: