Gruppe M - Instruction leaflet Caution messages!

Decklogic1

Advanced Member
Hi Guys,

Finally took delivery of my Gruppe M yesterday. Am impressed with the build quality of the filter itself, it looks ace. The scuttle supplied is absolutely crap looking - why on earth dont they create an OEM looking one - at the price you pay for one of these it would have been nice.

Has anyone actually fitted the one supplied, Does anyone have any photos?

Anyway to the point of the post - I was rather alarmed at the Caution notices on the instructions - 'Do not drive in the rain with the inlet duct fully open' - and - 'Before washing the car, close the inlet duct' - how are you supposed to do these things?

Unless I have missed something fundamental in the design, there is no way to do this with the parts supplied - I live in the North of Scotland, and it pisses down regularly - not ideal.

Someone please put me out of my misery, and tell me whats what.

Cheers :D

mikegsi

Staff member
dont worry about it, the box has a hole to let water run out, just dont squirt water in the scoop on purpose!

bit like hydrolock issue on the cai kits, but it has to be propery soaked and immersed in water to worry about it

Evs

Advanced Member
Ignore the instructions, as you say it's not practical and probably just a backside-covering exercise. There's a hole in the bottom of the airbox that's about an inch in diameter (IIRC) which will let the water out when it rains. I'd suggest checking periodically to ensure it hasn't got blocked by stray crap (leaves etc).

I didn't bother with the supplied scoop, just went the modded OEM scuttle route without passing 'GO'. I just sold this with the unit and took the buyer's un-modded scuttle in exchange - everybody's 'appy :D

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I had a Gruppe M on my CTR for about a year and had one on my teg for almost two, driven in some horrific rain, washed the car loads etc etc and never once encountered a problem.

Evs said:
There's a hole in the bottom of the airbox that's about an inch in diameter (IIRC)
It's about 8-10mm mate.

linzi94

Advanced Member
not an entirely great picture but you can see the difference where the 2 scuttles meet

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

also, im going to mod my scuttle panel - i have a spare one anyway incase my blue peter skilz arent what they used to be!

mine may be an epic instalment as i have to remove my cai and possibley fit my new headlmap if the bumpers off..... oh dear..... looks like an 8am rise on sunday!

Decklogic1

Advanced Member
Cheers guys, was a bit worried there.

Looks like I will need to use the scabby GruppeM scuttle at first, until I can get one modded, then switch back, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Linzi - Good luck with your weekend homework, and cheers for the pix. 8)