Gruppe M Intake Temperatures

VT-Doo

RushDoo
For those of you with a Gruppe M Intake & Hondata K-Pro; what are your intake temperatures while driving and/or sitting in traffic?

fonz600

Advanced Member
I never gave a sh!t about my intake temps until I got a JRSC JDM EP3 and stuck on the 9PSI pulley.

It's pretty over looked beyond the old CAI suffers from heatsoak debate.

Anyone with a datalog should be able to post up a reading though from just looking at the sensors.

Stoo

Whining.....
driving home this evening, according to my datalogs, I fluctuated between 55 and 58.
Just a gentle cruise

sydney

Advanced Member
On the defi guage 80 when normal and 85 when drivinig herd. On the dials. Below halfway cruising but never goes above half way when sitting at idle or driving hard. Kpro mapped bt tdi north. Never no problems

Stoo

Whining.....
sydney said:
On the defi guage 80 when normal and 85 when drivinig herd. On the dials. Below halfway cruising but never goes above half way when sitting at idle or driving hard. Kpro mapped bt tdi north. Never no problems
INTAKE temps...........

VT-Doo

RushDoo
S80PERteg said:
sydney said:
INTAKE temps...........
#-o

Good to know though :)

Stylesa

Advanced Member
once i get my car back, il post up my intake temperatures with the aem v2, just for some comparison.

cpoh

Advanced Member
sydney said:
Interestingly my oil temp sits at 90 degrees in the winter when cold and 100 after a good drive and in the summer on a warm day will run closer to 100 degrees C in traffic and around town. This is with silkoline pro S 5w40 in the car.

Sorry for the off topic ;)

eXceed

Resident Driver
Just so everyone knows, my custom intake (with standard airbox) has temps of 77oF/25oC. Oil temp sits at 188oF/87oC, couldn't get either to be any higher... Fan set to always on as soon as engine is up to temp (160oF)

Mark_teg

Staff member
eXceed said:
Just so everyone knows, my custom intake (with standard airbox) has temps of 77oF/25oC. Oil temp sits at 188oF/87oC, couldn't get either to be any higher... Fan set to always on as soon as engine is up to temp (160oF)
What was the lowest intake temps you had?
I take it the 77oF was at standstill for a while? Ambient temp?

Cheers

eXceed

Resident Driver
Not at standstill mate, but had been going for it. Can't speak for ambient temps, wasn't really looking out for them. I have got an idea at the weekend that I will be trying out though so will keep you updated on this.

Mark_teg

Staff member
The reason I asked ambient temp is to make a fair comparison to my own/other peoples datalogs :idea:
Look forward to the update, you're loving this Kpro aren't you :lol:

eXceed

Resident Driver
Loving it soo much :D. Soo much scope for ruining/perfecting the engine :). Lots to learn as well, but it's all pretty fun. Went out tonight, look at my latest post. Let me know what you think :).

eXceed

Resident Driver
Interesting datalog, IAT whilst driving hovers between 55-62oC. Stopping for any amount of time makes the temps go to about 70+oC.