Gruppe M or Tegiwa intake???

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Hi all. I'm new to this forum so not sure how it all works so apologies if i get things wrong.
I'm still awaiting my dc5 to go through SVA as just arrived from Japan via Torque GT.
Got the beauty in vivid blue with blue interior.
Just getting the alloys powder coated bright white. Once I receive it I want to bang an induction kit on it. After doing research i prefer the sound of tegiwa/gruppe M.
Apart from the cost difference. What's the ACTUAL difference between the both and where would I purchase a gruppe M from UK.

Thanks for the help guys

wocka

Advanced Member
Gruppe M is better quality and thicker carbon than the Teg M but apart from JDM points, that‘s about it. Oh actually Gruppe M comes with a moulded scuttle panel where as the Tegiwa you have to cut up your own scuttle

Teg M you can buy new from tegiwa and get a small forum discount, Gruppe M is second hand only and just pot luck finding one or try putting up a wanted post

I‘m sure there‘s one for sale on Facebook marketplace

Tegiwa one is the rep of the Gruppe M by the way, both do the same job and sound great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vteccin_teg

Advanced Member
Cheers that's a great help thankyou. So I take it the gruppe M is discontinued? Looks like its the tegiwa then :).

sabina c

Gripped M still available new. Got one recently. As said before the quality in not comparable with tegiwank copy rubbish. Though depending on budget I would still rather pay more for a used GM than get new fake stuff.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
As already said but be careful if you intend to use the car on track at all as both are well know for bringing the black flag out for DB levels

Reggie91

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
As already said but be careful if you intend to use the car on track at all as both are well know for bringing the black flag out for DB levels
Swapped mine out for this reason. Plus the noise does your head in eventually too. Especially on track when you're constantly at high RPM, but that's just my opinion.

ellb123

Are they really that likely to cause DB issues? I had one on my EP3 and didnt have any problems.

Was hoping to pick one up for my DC5 i pick up at the weekend :xgrin:

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Are they really that likely to cause DB issues? I had one on my EP3 and didnt have any problems.

Was hoping to pick one up for my DC5 i pick up at the weekend :xgrin:
Put it this way every DC5 I have been on track with that had a Gruppe M was black flagged, I have yet to meet someone with a mani, cat back and this induction to not be black flagged.

I have a DC Sport Racing Mani (with decat built in), RM01A and AEM V2 Long arm CAI in the bumper with a Hydro Shield and have passed everything so far inc going up to the command centre to check my drive by DB's and I am well below

Reggie91

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Put it this way every DC5 I have been on track with that had a Gruppe M was black flagged, I have yet to meet someone with a mani, cat back and this induction to not be black flagged.

I have a DC Sport Racing Mani (with decat built in), RM01A and AEM V2 Long arm CAI in the bumper with a Hydro Shield and have passed everything so far inc going up to the command centre to check my drive by DB's and I am well below
But is that based on Brands? Brands and Bedford are strict with noise. But those two are the only local tracks for me.

Oulton, Cadwell etc seem to be fine :xhuh:

carl hammond

Advanced Member
But is that based on Brands? Brands and Bedford are strict with noise. But those two are the only local tracks for me.

Oulton, Cadwell etc seem to be fine :xhuh:
Yeah Brands and Bedford (yet to venture out further due to having to drive too and from), I will be at Silverstone later this year on the GP Circuit but not in my car (McLaren 720S and K20 Charged Aerial Atom) so will be able to advise more then as the Atom was black flagged for noise at brands in the end on driveby (although I think it was more they didn't like his aggressive driving). Can't wait to get behind the wheel of both cars :)