Gruppe M Scuttle Panel

Ezza

Advanced Member
Received my Gruppe M parcel today 8) Opened the box to find that the scuttle panel provided is actuall quite strong material :roll: After reading numerous reports i was expecting the panel to be a flimsy rubbish piece but obviously not 8)

Btw, would i need to cut the panel provided......? Forgot to check the part properly :!:

Project

Advanced Member
no you dont need to cut anything, and yes the panel provided is actually naff lol material is of a great condition but the fit isnt good, thats what the complaints are about

LeeH

Advanced Member
Its also a completely different colour....

The OEM is plastic and the Gruppe M is GRP so the gel coat make it a lot shinier.

I'll be modding my scuttle for sure.

Chief

Advanced Member
LeeH said:
Its also a completely different colour....

The OEM is plastic and the Gruppe M is GRP so the gel coat make it a lot shinier.

I'll be modding my scuttle for sure.
You need a car first Lee. :lol:

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Gruppe M's scuttle is nasty, glossy, ill fitting fibreglass.

It also rattles at certain RPMs unless you seal it to the window with a PU adhesive.

This is why I've ordered a scuttle from Honda for my facelift for whenever my Gruppe M arrives.

Ezza

Advanced Member
True Lee, no good modding a panel if you dont have a car to put it on :lol: :lol: :lol:

Evs

Advanced Member
All about LeeH

Total posts: 244
[0.27% of total / 3.44 posts per day]
Interests:
DC5s owned: 0
Sorry, couldn't resist... :wink: :lol:

mad

I feel your pain Lee, but our time will come soon. And then see u on the track guys!! :wink: :wink:

Dark Blue Mark

Advanced Member
conoroneill said:
This is why I've ordered a scuttle from Honda for my facelift for whenever my Gruppe M arrives.
Honda sell them?? Is this the scoop you mean, or the plastic plate that you are buying to butcher?

Ta

Stevieg

Advanced Member
Hi all,

Does anyone know what the part number is for the Honda Scuttle Panel and how much it is?

Also what is the best way to get the Gruppe M to fit without it ratting and still looking like a neat and tidy install?

Cheers,

Steve

Evs

Advanced Member
The OEM scuttle panels are about £35 from Honda IIRC. I don't know the part number though. Dave J will know.

Just cut a hole in the scuttle panel to match the scoop and the airbox, and make good with fibreglass.

As for rattling, I've got a Spoon strut brace and I've wrapped that and the OEM brace (that sits behind the airbox) with foam pipe insulation. Locates the airbox firmly and stops it rattling.

I suppose ESMMs and/or an ETD to cut down engine movement will help too.

Stevieg

Advanced Member
Evs said:
The OEM scuttle panels are about £35 from Honda IIRC. I don't know the part number though. Dave J will know.

Just cut a hole in the scuttle panel to match the scoop and the airbox, and make good with fibreglass.

As for rattling, I've got a Spoon strut brace and I've wrapped that and the OEM brace (that sits behind the airbox) with foam pipe insulation. Locates the airbox firmly and stops it rattling.

Cheers EVS

I already have the ES engine mounts so hopefull that will help. I might see if TGM will sort out the scuttle, - my car is going back there soon anyway.

mikegsi

Staff member
Evs said:
i have both, and everything else rattles now :wink:

i also did the patented evs padding technique (must get that cheque of too you!) and it works really well with the spoon strut bar