Gruppe M v INJEN, my opinion.....

mikegsi

Staff member
Gruppe M arrived this morning so this evening i took the injen off and installed the Gruppe M.

i can see what people say about the fitment of these, having the spoon strut has helped keep it in place (with a little foam to act as a cushion!)
the top bit doesnt sit very well where it touches the windscreen though.

noise wise - im swaying slightly more in favour of the INJEN, it just seems to be a 'rajjeder' noise in vtec if you know what i mean, for normal driving i think the Gruppe M is slightly quieter, in vtec it is loud, but the tone is different to the INJEN

performance - obv i havent had my remap done yet and the k-pro is set up for the INJEN, but on initial test drive i think the Gruppe M offers more torque, which is especially noticable at the lower revs, because of this it also feels quicker too, which i think it is, but at the moment only marginally, but once things have been set up properly, im hoping it will have made a good difference

all in all the INJEN is a VERY good system, especially for the cost, and doesnt fall far behind the Gruppe M, but, in my opinion the Gruppe M has definately come out tops!

spo_gen

Advanced Member
Good purchase........... Let the system run in longer, you'll start to hear the induction roar change. Its awesome! :D

David Fox

Advanced Member
Mike,

Agree totally about the cowling, it doesn't exactly fit well, hence why Im going to modify the original cowling this summer so it accepts the GruppeM. Not what you expect from a circa £500 bit of kit!

However, the noise more than makes up for it! 8)

DC5TU

Advanced Member
Gruppe M are a German firm are they not!

With Gruppe being Deutsch for Group!! I know they also do carbon airboxes for BMWs

spo_gen

Advanced Member
DC5TU said:
Gruppe M are a German firm are they not!

With Gruppe being Deutsch for Group!! I know they also do carbon airboxes for BMWs
Nope. Pretty sure they a Jap firm.