gruppe m

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Vtec Direct, Funky Power or Gruppe Ms main website
Just out of interest do you know how much CPL are selling them for?

charliearli1234

thanks il give them ago , yep i emailed them the other day they said they got some more coming in about 10-14 days at £669.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Tbh I'm not sure you will find it any cheaper than that, have you looked into the Tegiwa copy it is meant to be good and is only £330 if you want to save some money.

niallbrady

Tbh I'm not sure you will find it any cheaper than that, have you looked into the Tegiwa copy it is meant to be good and is only £330 if you want to save some money.
I fitted the tegiwa rep about a month ago, fitted in great! The only real difference I can see is the scuttle panel, as u hav to modify your own with the tegiwa!

cameroon95

Advanced Member
What is so special about the grupe m? 699 for an air filter?!

I have a hks on my dc5, will the grupe m make that much difference?

Sorry-new to these cars.

V7MAT

clean freak
"K+N Japan" I cleaned mine this morning and saw it branded. Lol

The GM is a good bit of kit, I always wanted one from day one and didn't waste money or time trying others first. The forum rep for the GM was enough for me.

kazmo

Advanced Member
K&N Japan?? so a honda bolted together in swindon is not a japanese car? irrelivant, K&N is not japanese where ever its produced,!

Stoo

Whining.....
K&N Japan?? so a honda bolted together in swindon is not a japanese car? irrelivant, K&N is not japanese where ever its produced,!
The DC5 was built in japan.

If K&N Produce filters in Japan, in their Japanese branch, surely that's Japanese?

kazmo

Advanced Member
i wasnt refering to DC5's i know they are all built in Japan, my point was a Honda will always be recognised as a japanese car where ever its bolted together

so even if a K&N filter is put together in another country its still American

charliearli1234

yeh cpl is the cheapest just looking round to day, is there much difference in the power gained from a gm or tegiwa and what sounds nicer?

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
yeh cpl is the cheapest just looking round to day, is there much difference in the power gained from a gm or tegiwa and what sounds nicer?
This is still to be proven but given there almost blueprints of each other, one would assume there identical in output and sound unless proven otherwise.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
What is so special about the grupe m? 699 for an air filter?!

I have a hks on my dc5, will the grupe m make that much difference?

Sorry-new to these cars.
From what I can gather you can get just as much gains from a aem cai but some people don't like the hidden look of it, il be going for a gruppe m soon mostly because it's proven and also it looks good.

There's plenty of variety on the Market just depends on your wallet size and preference.

cameroon95

Advanced Member
From what I can gather you can get just as much gains from a aem cai but some people don't like the hidden look of it, il be going for a gruppe m soon mostly because it's proven and also it looks good.

There's plenty of variety on the Market just depends on your wallet size and preference.

Honestly? Just for its looks?

I wouldn't pay over 200 for an air filter let alone 700 quid!!

If it gave good gains i.e 30-40 bhp then I can understand it but 8-9bhp is small, why not put the money towards a kpro?

V7MAT

clean freak
the best gains are best gains no matter what the amount! you're getting opinions from people who have the kits. There has been plenty f threads on the GM previously including graphs, we need a sticky! TBH.

i agree with Lee the GM does look far better than any other of the options which for me helps....

cameroon95

Advanced Member
the best gains are best gains no matter what the amount! you're getting opinions from people who have the kits. There has been plenty f threads on the GM previously including graphs, we need a sticky! TBH.

i agree with Lee the GM does look far better than any other of the options which for me helps....

Fair dues, this is my first DC5 so jus getting my head around the mods you can do. I'm used to turbo cars where air filters usually go for 200 max.

V7MAT

clean freak
Yea! i understand that mate, i was the same when i bought my DC5... its taken me 3 years to get a GM and now i'm well happy. If you make regular checks of the for sale section, you'll pick one u for 450/500.

cheers.

eXceed

Resident Driver
Honestly? Just for its looks?

I wouldn't pay over 200 for an air filter let alone 700 quid!!

If it gave good gains i.e 30-40 bhp then I can understand it but 8-9bhp is small, why not put the money towards a kpro?
You obviously haven't seen the price of the J's racing intake kit then... :lol: