gruppe m

V7MAT

clean freak
theres a J's on eBay at the moment that isn't too exspensive, the condition isn't unblemished though :rolleyes:

donkeykong

Advanced Member
next month i will have a dyno with all the tegiwa mods, airbox, header and rbc....in combination with fujitsubo rm01a catback

eXceed

Resident Driver
theres a J's on eBay at the moment that isn't too exspensive, the condition isn't unblemished though :rolleyes:
Good find, right little bargain there for someone. Could almost buy it, polish it up, get a new filter and profit haha.

cameroon95

Advanced Member
I've found one of those AEM ones for 300 quid, are they pretty decent/better than my hks one?

cpoh

Advanced Member
@cameroon95, you are spot on with your musings on the gruppem. There have been loads of posts in the past with fellas putting to bed the myth thats its a much better filter and value for money over cheaper kits out there. It isint.

What it does give is bling in the engine bay and a brandname that looks well on a spec sheet. Would I pay 600 quid for one? You'd be bonkers in my opinion. An injen CAI, spoon 4-2 section and a kpro remap could be gotten for the same cost.

Grov

Banned
@cameroon95, you are spot on with your musings on the gruppem. There have been loads of posts in the past with fellas putting to bed the myth thats its a much better filter and value for money over cheaper kits out there. It isint.

What it does give is bling in the engine bay and a brandname that looks well on a spec sheet. Would I pay 600 quid for one? You'd be bonkers in my opinion. An injen CAI, spoon 4-2 section and a kpro remap could be gotten for the same cost.
Kpro is 700quid on it's own and a map session- that'll be 1000.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
I'm glad you've already got your GruppeM Matt, that J's intake is missing the front scoop and I don't believe the J's ep3 and dc5 airboxes are the same (as advertised by the seller) :xtsk:

mikegsi

Staff member
my dynos (albeit on different days etc) with the same car proved to me that the GM was the better intake.

CAI got better top end, but the GM pulled better mid-range- I only trialled the Injen CAI and GM.