Gruppe M

Crackfox

Advanced Member
I'm sure this is probably covered somewhere but I cant find it. I've just bought a second hand Gruppe M of Facebook, just wondering does it fit with the original Strut Brace? Or do i need to replace it? If so whats a good alternative?

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Facelift is different brace fittings than pre.

But still fits :)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Facelift is different brace fittings than pre.

But still fits :)

My heart sank as I started reading that lol. Good recovery.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

EP3-Carl

Advanced Member
Your OEM brace won‘t fit with the Gruppem if your car is a Facelift mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
EP3-Carl said:
Your OEM brace won‘t fit with the Gruppem if your car is a Facelift mate

I had gruppeM before swapping to mugen brace...

EP3-Carl

Advanced Member
My Gruppem wouldn‘t fit with the Oem brace needed to be removed to fit and replaced with a spoon brace

Ripshank

I know the Tegiwa M rep fits the standard facelift brace (its a snug fit but it fits) but no idea about the gruppem, seems to be mixed answers from what ive read

Mock it up and see if you need to replace your brace, best way to find out

Karl

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Thanks everyone. Yes guess it will be try it and see. Just didn't want to mess about removing the old one to have to put it back again. Especially since this is non the down low from Mrs Fox!

Crackfox

Advanced Member
So it arrived to day, in a completely excrement state, not even a courtesy wipe down. Not sure when the filter was last cleaned either, full of leaves hair and feathers. The guy also hadn't put any packaging in the box so the parts where all banging together.

So 2 hours on the grinder with a cloth wheel and it came up pretty well. Just need him to find the brackets that he never sent now so I can fit it!

Anyhoo.....I did a test fit today and it can work with the oem strut, but not very well. It cant push into the scuttle panel so it sits.just short with a gap around it, maybe 5mm. I'm guessing that without the brace there it will go up a little further. I've got a bit of time anyway waiting for this guy to sort himself.out and get the rest of the parts found so I'm going to modify my scuttle as the one that comes with it has seen better days. Cracked around the fitting holes, and it doesn't fit very well.

So just wonder what my options are for a replacement brace? Would rather not spend a fortune, but I don't know what fits and what doesn't.

EP3-Carl

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
So it arrived to day, in a completely excrement state, not even a courtesy wipe down. Not sure when the filter was last cleaned either, full of leaves hair and feathers. The guy also hadn't put any packaging in the box so the parts where all banging together.

So 2 hours on the grinder with a cloth wheel and it came up pretty well. Just need him to find the brackets that he never sent now so I can fit it!

Anyhoo.....I did a test fit today and it can work with the oem strut, but not very well. It cant push into the scuttle panel so it sits.just short with a gap around it, maybe 5mm. I'm guessing that without the brace there it will go up a little further. I've got a bit of time anyway waiting for this guy to sort himself.out and get the rest of the parts found so I'm going to modify my scuttle as the one that comes with it has seen better days. Cracked around the fitting holes, and it doesn't fit very well.

So just wonder what my options are for a replacement brace? Would rather not spend a fortune, but I don't know what fits and what doesn't.

I bought a second hand spoon brace for £80 think it was had it painted black and bob on photo is above mate

Crackfox

Advanced Member
EP3-Carl said:
I bought a second hand spoon brace for £80 think it was had it painted black and bob on photo is above mate

I'll keep my eyes Open thanks. Is there something around the intake on yours, like a rubber seal or something?

skengdR

Advanced Member
good work , i am contemplating to spend the extra and get one of these or settle for the tegiwa

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Crackfox

Advanced Member
skengdR said:
good work , i am contemplating to spend the extra and get one of these or settle for the tegiwa

To be honest, having seen how bad the Gruppe M fits I'd say go for the Tegiwa, if your happy to modify the scuttle panel that is. I genuinely can't believe how poor it is for something that costs so much,

skengdR

Advanced Member
Crackfox said:
Just thought I'd add that i had to remove the OEM brace to get this in.
remind me do you have a pre face lift or face lift ?

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
I'm not sure how much the gruppe M and Teg M differ in terms of design, but I have a 2005 facelift and the Teg M is a perfect fit around the oem strut brace.

EP3-Carl

Advanced Member
CW05TEG said:
I'm not sure how much the gruppe M and Teg M differ in terms of design, but I have a 2005 facelift and the Teg M is a perfect fit around the oem strut brace.
Yeah the TegM fit fine on the facelifts but the Gruppem need to Oem strut brace to be removed