GRUPPEM FILTER REPLACEMENT

monz

Advanced Member
After numerous cleaning sessions over the years with a k&n cleaning kit!.. I decided to replace the oem gruppeM k&n filter with a new one as I felt no real difference cleaning the old one!.. I was shocked in results!!.. Just on idling the car sounded different!.. Even with a-little bit of throttle the sucking from the new k&n filter was louder as-well as the idling from the exhaust.. After a test drive I noticed the difference straight away!!.. The car was more responsive & the rpms was flowing more freely.. The car was definitely pulling more stronger!

After cleaning the k&n filter!.. No difference in colour!!.

Old filter left & new filter right!.. Notice the difference in colour!!..

The inside of the gruppeM was filthy..

The intake/hoses was also filthy!..

After a good clean with soapy water..

C2BDB

Advanced Member
i could be wrong but last time i cleaned mine i took this picture as i think this maybe the part number of the k@n filter? i took it so i could order a new one next time it needed doing?

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Is this orderable direct with K&N themselves?? I need a new filter as mine is looking the same

monz

Advanced Member
GruppeM japan sent me the filter direct.. But I went through (http://xposed.com.au) who are a gruppeM authorised dealer. The service from them was first class with regular updates on the shipping!.. Highly recommend them for customer service & ease of use..

Monz. :wink:

mikegsi

Staff member
I'd be interested in a replacement filter too, but not for that price!!

A standalone 57i kit is normally under £100 so why would this be so expensive!

Without taking mine apart, how is the filter seated within the gm? Would it be possible to put a cheaper aftermarket filter on in it's place?

C2BDB

Advanced Member
how it sits when built up i have had a look at k&ns web site but had no luck might try an email
mikegsi said:
I'd be interested in a replacement filter too, but not for that price!!

A standalone 57i kit is normally under £100 so why would this be so expensive!

Without taking mine apart, how is the filter seated within the gm? Would it be possible to put a cheaper aftermarket filter on in it's place?
hope this helps

monz

Advanced Member
It is expensive!.. But I did look around with no success.. k&n especially designed this filter to fit with the gruppeM..

monz

Advanced Member
136.91.. + 36.50 P&P = 173.41! :shock: (The dollar & yen are still unstable!).

xp02ed

Thanks Monz ;D

just want to help some guys out who want a replacement and wants things cleared.

basically the K&N filter that gruppem used can't be bought of K&N itself, i dont know why.
The filter itself is also expensive from gruppem directly. price being 18,000 JPY + 4,000 JPY shipping
You can use xe.com for exchange rates to GBP or any other currency.

I have been bugging them alot asking why it is expensive, which i haven't got a reasonable response but in general there intakes are expensive which components for it do add up for the price. Saying this the JPY itself in the world market is deer.

in regards to looking for another cone style filter, it is possible if you find another filter which has a good fitment