GruppeM vs -J's Racing Intake Kit

Coupe Rob

Advanced Member
I am looking into purchasing an induction kit. I have heard great things about the GruppeM system, however the J's Racing Intake Kit caught my eye.

Does anybody know what performance increases i might expect to recieve from each system?

Which one would you recommend?

Rob

gibbyboy

Advanced Member
Hello,

There is ALOT of posts on here, clubrsx and ctro about these kits.

Have a search you should find the answers....... :xcheers:

Coupe Rob

Advanced Member
Conversion from AUD to GBP:
$1,299.00 AUD - £639.47 GBP

Exchange rate:
1 British Pound = 2.03136 Australian Dollars

dave c

400hp K20
cheers, still expensive isnt it :?

if the reports are anything to go by it must be worth it.

dave c

400hp K20
Anto-EK9 said:
Has anyone got their DC5 rolling roaded before and after with just the Gruppe M?

if anyone wants to chip in i'll be the brave sole and do it :D I'll get all the before and after footage then get it all up on YouTube ;)

Any Takers

Jayk

Advanced Member
700 quid for an intake, you guys must be mad. an AEM V1 or Fujita F5 will do the same jobs and cost £230! Ive had Gruppe-M, great but not worth £700 no damn way!

Rob84

Advanced Member
Jayk said:
700 quid for an intake, you guys must be mad. an AEM V1 or Fujita F5 will do the same jobs and cost £230! Ive had Gruppe-M, great but not worth £700 no curse way!
So what about when/if you suck a load of water when using the V1 (can't comment on the F5 as I dont know its design) and hydro-lock your engine? that £700 for a gruppe M will seem cheap then ;)

Jayk

Advanced Member
Rob84 said:
Jayk said:
700 quid for an intake, you guys must be mad. an AEM V1 or Fujita F5 will do the same jobs and cost £230! Ive had Gruppe-M, great but not worth £700 no curse way!
So what about when/if you suck a load of water when using the V1 (can't comment on the F5 as I dont know its design) and hydro-lock your engine? that £700 for a gruppe M will seem cheap then ;)
Hydro-lock :lol: You have to be stupid to do that, even with an AEM. F5 Is the same design as a AEM V1. Alot of people just cut there arch liner and fit the Intake, exposing it to water. When i fitted mine i ensured it was sealed. Had 3 DC5's over the years, tested the Gruppe-M against the OEM Airbox with Drop in along with Toda Mani/Toda Exhaust/KPRO, ran point to point test and there was no difference in terminal speed at the finish point. Spend the £700 on eibach's with geo setup, some good front pads, and then keep the rest for a track day. :wink:

JT3173

Advanced Member
Just a heads up guys, there is a J's Racing induction system on ebay new going for £670 buy it now ;)

LeeH

Advanced Member
That name rings a bell......

I think that is the new vtec-direct guy.

youngsan

Advanced Member
there is a fella with a J's racing fitted from the mc/r vtec forum - he got his from Sumo power, but from speaking to him i dont think it made that much difference over oem - looked the business though -but £600+ for some carbon to look the business when you raise your bonnet seems a bit nuts to me :) - each to their own though :)

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
I've had my AEM CAI for 6 months now, and its fine... only time i had problems (and when I say that) was during the freak snow incident in feb when I was in Milton Keynes. Followed a fellow colleague in their audi TT-S when going down under a bridge section, the place was flooded and saw how deep it was... I did a U turn and went round the long way lol job solved ;) :D

but i've driving it spiritedly in heavy rain and through puddles (by accident), and its fine. Use common sense and not submerge car in a flood then its fine. But of course, get a gruppeM then the world's your oyster