Guages and fitting kit?

2ndy

Advanced Member
Was fixing things in the engine bay of my dc5 today and noticed extra wiring that wasnt OEM. Ive traced them to 2 things. One is an adapter in the radiator hoses with two wires coming out and the other wires go down to a Greddy sandwich plate at the oil filter. Im guessing these are for oil temp/water temp but is the anyway of finding out? All thewires run into the car which i havent yet checked for inside. Do all guages use the same plugs or will the wires be specific to whatever guages have been in the car previously?

Heres a pic of the 2 things, Dont know how i never noticed them before

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
It looks like a oil pressure and water temperature sensor.
If I were you I should look inside the car where they are attached to. There is a difference in the plugs depending on the brand.
Most of them have plugs on the ends.

MrRy

Advanced Member
You'll just have to track them, they'll be tucked away somewhere. Looks like someone removed some gauges but couldn't be bothered to remove sensors side of the system.

A lot of normal gauges will use generic sensors, but items some such as DEFI do have a different wiring system as they use a controller unit.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Common place to brings cables into the car is through the the main wiring loom hole on the passenger side of the car. Behind the airbox in the engine bay or If you drop the glovebox and look above the ECU you can see it from inside the car.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Looks like the car may be wired up for some gauges. Takes 9/10 of the work away from actually fitting gauges. Very nice find. Just get some gauges and plug them on. Maybe a bit of a root to find out where the sensor wires end up in the cabin though, but worth the effort.

Previous owner obviously knew nothing about removing the gauges, cant see how anybody would not realise wiring was needed if they want to sell them.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I think gauges are a bit like gear knobs when the car is being imported, really common for them to be stolen.

2ndy

Advanced Member
Going to check the wiring when I get home and see what they lead to, o think I remember some extra eiring when I was fitting my head unit but they where really tiny plugs in the end.

I think that's probably what happens, thsy steal the guages but would be able to get all the witing extra out. I intend on tracking my car during summer so I suppose that stuff will be handy to plug a couple of guages Into

2ndy

Advanced Member
So I found these two plugs so far, look familiar to anyone?

-Birdy-

Advanced Member
Look similar to the plugs for Defi gauges, they plug into the back of the control unit from the temp/preasure senders.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Yeah they are the plugs you use for the gauges I would think, look exactly like the ones for my apexi. not sure do all manufactures use the same pin setup in their plugs though?