Had a fast road setup at System-R today :)

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Would highly recommend it, absolutely sticks round tight bends now, and just feels so much more planted to the road.

Used to be a little skitish over small bumps on slow corners but that seems to have gone now, can put alot more lock on without the tyres spinning up. Bargain purchase. :D

tron2k3

Advanced Member
JDC5 said:
did you go for coilovers or eibach springs mate?

JD
On standard springs JD,

Was going to go for spoon springs but couldn't justify the cost of buying springs, fitting them then having to have the rear camber arms, then the fast road setup, also the fact of all the speed bumps round my area the toda exhaust would get a pounding. :lol:

phil r

Advanced Member
had a fast road set up at system r today

thats what my 1st mod is going to be can I be cheeky to ask how much , is in lowered 40 mm, jonster adviced me to do as first mod , Only had it 2 weeks now & absolutely love it. :D

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Re: had a fast road set up at system r today

phil r said:
thats what my 1st mod is going to be can I be cheeky to ask how much , is in lowered 40 mm, jonster adviced me to do as first mod , Only had it 2 weeks now & absolutely love it. :D
Cost £131.60 incl vat with the front camber bolts which cost about £15, noticed yours is lowered, The rear camber adjusters are £152.75 for the pair, I didn't need them as i'm on standard springs

JDC5

Charged DC5
yeah, indeed! we get tax'd alot and still the roads are crap!

so.. basically you just adjusted the camber. no lowering or anything.

yeah £220+ for spoon springs are abit over rated. if it cost near the eibach then i would be tempted myself... hopefully i can get a set of tein SS..

JD

phil r

Advanced Member
had a fast road set up today at system r

cheers for that, I thought the car would have to be lowered & spings surely that would be better or should I just go for the cambers & with some money left over think about front disks & a set of ferodo pads :-k

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Re: had a fast road set up today at system r

phil r said:
cheers for that, I thought the car would have to be lowered & spings surely that would be better or should I just go for the cambers & with some money left over think about front disks & a set of ferodo pads :-k
All depends what you want really, to me I didn't think that I'd benefit from the lowering as I use mine as a daily driver, and I have standard wheels so I think it looks fine on stock springs.

If you want it more track orientated or are thinking of changing to 18" wheels then the lowering springs would be more beneficial, but I was more than happy with the fast road setup alone with the front camber bolts, and you won't be dissapointed with the Ferodo pads and uprated discs.

Though if you are deciding to have lowering springs or coilovers wait to have the fast road setup then or you'll be wasting £130 as you'll have to have it setup again with the new suspension.