Had FRS Done Yesterday!

Marpol

Advanced Member
I fitted my eibach springs and SPC camber bolts and rear camber arms at the weekend and had yesterday off work so popped round to TDI North to book it in for a fast road setup.

Paul very nicely managed to squeeze me in there and then and and Ben set to work while I waited...

Oh my word what a difference :eek:

It really is just as good as everyone says, feels like a completely different car to drive!
Turn in is now so sharp and precise and the car just feels so planted! The rear just sticks it really feels like the car is on rails! :lol:

My advice to anyone thinking about doing this is just do it, you wont be disapointed!

Big thanks to TDI North and Ben for doing a top noch job ;)

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
FRSU can't be overstated as to how important they are!

We had one done to our MX-5 and that was night and day difference!

All the juddering and hesitance to turn in was gone and everything felt better.

Marpol

Advanced Member
rascal69 said:
What's the camber/toe settings at?
Not sure what the settings are, he did the adjustment then took the car for a drive came back and made some more adjustments! just know there good! :lol:

PORTHOS said:
Pics!? :lol:

Really looking forward to getting mine done next week! 8) :D
Im sure you will be just as chuffed as I am! :D

Ill get some pics at the weekend and update my thread in the gallery as theres a fair bit to update ;)

-Woody-

Advanced Member
How much it cost again?

I have springs and front camber bolts already so would be just for the rear camber and the set up.

Marpol

Advanced Member
It cost me £102 for the setup, which isn't cheap but worth it for the difference its made :D

Grov

Banned
I had mine done a ABP and they only use front camber bolts, seems like TDI and TGM do rear as well.

Stoo

Whining.....
You can only adjust rear camber with adjustable rear camber arms.....

civic17_99

Advanced Member
Grov said:
I had mine done a ABP and they only use front camber bolts, seems like TDI and TGM do rear as well.
When i had mine done at TGM is cost me roughly £260ish and they supplied Eibach front camber bolts, rear camber adjusters and setup the car with their fast road settings.

Grov

Banned
Ah, it cost me nowhere near that.

Still feels better than it did before, so im happy enough.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Mine is £595 including supply and fitting at TGM (Camber Bolts/Arms and Eibach Springs), I was assured it's because the prices have gone up.....

Either that or I must have MUG written across my forehead! :lol:

Rob R

Advanced Member
That sounds about right as it's £300ish for arms, bolts and geometry so another £300 for springs and fittings is bang on the money.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Rob R said:
That sounds about right as it's £300ish for arms, bolts and geometry so another £300 for springs and fittings is bang on the money.
Ah right ok, thanks :xcheers: I withdraw my statement then :lol:

eXceed

Resident Driver
PORTHOS said:
Rob R said:
Remember how ever many mods you get it'll never handle like the RM :lol:

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
eXceed said:
PORTHOS said:
Rob R said:
Remember how ever many mods you get it'll never handle like the RM :lol:
:lol: Yeha it will, you can also hit re-set when you crash!

cpoh

Advanced Member
Rob R said:
Thats crazy money. The bolts and arms are £130 tops, thats £170 labour for adjusting the geo?

Eibach springs are £166 including vat retail to joe soap. Fitting 4 springs is a 2 hour job max, hardly another ~130 labour is it?

Take into account that TGM would get their parts ex. vat and trade cost and you begin to see there is a large chunk of money to be made there.

Marpol

Advanced Member
I paid £166 for the Springs, £100 for the SPC camber bolts and rear arms (second hand from here) and fitted all these myself!
Then just paid £102 for the setup at TDI

£368 all in aint too bad really :D