Had my car on the rollers today...

Marpol

Advanced Member
Kind of gate crashed a civic rolling road day at TDI North! They were all friendly enough though and I decided to throw the DC5 on and see whats what.

Its completely standard bar a K&N drop in filter and she made a healthy 222bhp :D
Very happy with that, makes a perfect base line to build upon ;)

Edit: Heres the graph...

rodney

Advanced Member
Nice mate but TDI's dyno appears to give good results ;) to put it in perspective, I've got 15 bhp more than you and I have:-

K100
RBC
Hondata IMG
BC race header
GruppeM
Full spoon system
BC grounding kit
Etc!

Once in a blue moon an engine genuinly puts that out but I was not surprised to see you went to TDI :)

Marpol

Advanced Member
To be fair you hear that about most dynos, very rarely will everyone agree that a certain dyno reads perfectly!

I wasn't sure what kind of figure to expect but some of the stock civics were producing around hondas quoted figures so must be fairly accurate.

At the end of the day its a base figure for my standard car and if i continue to go to TDI for future mods and mapping using the same rollers I can get an idea of how much power im gaining and as long as it drives well im happy :D

sinbad

Advanced Member
everyone says tdi's dyno reads higher but ive seen results to show otherwise.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Dynos really are different everywhere you go, so far though, the one I use I am still under 200bhp (198.6bhp), only engine mod is the exhaust. :lol:

For just a filter and not even running the 101 ron fuel our cars were tuned for, your results from TDI North do seem a little over enthusiastic.
Bear in mind the DC5 is 214bhp standard on 101 ron fuel, thats from new too.

But as long as you keep using them, you can use it as a good base like you say 8) it's all relative.

I only found out these things myself recently! :lol:

Stoo

Whining.....
PORTHOS said:
Dynos really are different everywhere you go, so far though, the one I use I am still under 200bhp (198.6bhp), only engine mod is the exhaust. :lol:

For just a filter and not even running the 101 ron fuel our cars were tuned for, your results from TDI North do seem a little over enthusiastic.
Bear in mind the DC5 is 214bhp standard on 101 ron fuel, thats from new too.

But as long as you keep using them, you can use it as a good base like you say 8) it's all relative.

I only found out these things myself recently! :lol:
It's roughly 217 on 100ron bud..

rossteg88

Advanced Member
i had mine on the rollers yesterday and it made 239.6 BHP with buddyclub pro spec and AEM short ram, i know the rollers wont be spot on but a mate had his scooby mapped recently on different rollers, (340ish BHP) he put it on these and made around 10 BHP more (353 BHP) and he had turned the boost up for yesterday. personally i dont think all cars have the same power output when the come out of production! :-k

Stylesa

Advanced Member
maybe a slightly more accurate way of determining the actual power of the car. Some dynos use mechanical drag to calculate engine bhp, and others do a calculation based on the max rpm at which the car achieves max whp. Wheel horse power tends to be slightly more accurate.

rodney

Advanced Member
rossteg88 said:
i had mine on the rollers yesterday and it made 239.6 BHP with buddyclub pro spec and AEM short ram..
Mate, I'm Michael Jackson if you got that with an exhaust and CAI :xlol:

They are K100/KPRO figures.

I'd love to go back to back with you on that dyno, I might be near 300BHP :idea:

civic17_99

Advanced Member
Marpol said:
Kind of gate crashed a civic rolling road day at TDI North! They were all friendly enough though and I decided to throw the DC5 on and see whats what.

Its completely standard bar a K&N drop in filter and she made a healthy 222bhp :D

That's a pretty good figure, mine pulled 220.7bhp with just a spoon drop in filter when i went to the rolling road day at Surrey Rolling road.

rodney

Advanced Member
civic17_99 said:
Marpol said:

That's a pretty good figure, mine pulled 220.7bhp with just a spoon drop in filter when i went to the rolling road day at Surrey Rolling road.
This is the only recent excellent standard power ouput with various other DC5's present to show it's genuine. :xyes:

Marpol

Advanced Member
Stylesa said:
maybe a slightly more accurate way of determining the actual power of the car. Some dynos use mechanical drag to calculate engine bhp, and others do a calculation based on the max rpm at which the car achieves max whp. Wheel horse power tends to be slightly more accurate.
Not got the actual power at the wheels but Paul said realistically it was about 180-190.

He did say that wheel figures will vary though due to tyre temps, pressures and how hard the cars strapped down and that fly figures will be more accurate as the drag calculated on the run down will illuminate these variables.

Im happy enough anyway whatever the max power is, will post up the graph when I get chance see what people think as I wouldnt know what a decent graph looked like :lol:

Stylesa

Advanced Member
Marpol said:
He did say that wheel figures will vary though due to tyre temps, pressures and how hard the cars strapped down and that fly figures will be more accurate as the drag calculated on the run down will illuminate these variables.
he said that flywheel bhp is more accurate??? what if you have an uprated flywheel, ie lighter than OEM?

Marpol

Advanced Member
Ill be honest I dont really know much about this and may have got it wrong :?

TDI said:
Wheel power can change from run to run and car to car due to tire temps, pressure how hard the cars tied down so is only a guide.

When you do the runs its the fly figure that is more accurate as it measures the wheel power on the way up then measures the losses on the run down and adds them together cancelling the variable of pressures, strapping etc out

paul 16v

Advanced Member
I am no expert but i think his figures could be about right......i'd expect my car to be around that figure i think