Handbrake Cable Change

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
Has anyone changed their own cable, mine has reached it's ragged end and my handbrake is about as useful as a rubber band in there. Or if anyone knows how to adjust them at the brake would be good. If anyone has a guide or a link to one that would be great. Thanks for any help, Darren.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
You can adjust it under the handbrake cover. at the back of the handbrake console, there is a piece of black plastic that clips out. There is a nut there you can adjust to tighten the cable up.

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
Cheers bud, but I've done that already. I think it's stretched beyond its life now, I have adjusted it under the console pretty much as far as it will go.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
:( I will have a look on here later for the adjust at the rear brake guide. I'm pretty sure someone on here replaced the cable and it wasn't too hard to do.

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
Thanks so much mate, I looked for the handbrake adjust guide but could only find the one for the centre console adjustment. If anyone can point me to a guide on the rear calipers I would be so great-full.

jpstyper

Advanced Member
I replaced my cables not too long ago and they are easy to do dont need to remove heatsheilds or exhaust just jack up the car and unbolt them and bolt in the new ones

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
Cheers bud, now if I could only find them with a realistic price tag. £185 Hendy have quoted me which I think is way too steep for a bit of cable.

jpstyper

Advanced Member
I know its expensive but I just bit the bullet and got some needed them doing and couldnt find them anywhere else