Handbrake Problems (Button Problem)

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Has anybody experienced problems before with their handbrake button? When the handbrake is on and I try to release it, the button doesn't always go in and gets stuck on, I have to keep pressing it repeatedly and it eventually goes in and releases...

There's lots of hills where I am and at the moment I'm having to hold it on the brakes, then quickly go for the clutch, usually ending up with a unwanted F1 start... :evil:

HELP!

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Thanks for the replies guys.

If the cable's over tight, would it be short on travel? As there is plenty.

I'll try and spray some WD40 down around the button, hopefully it'll sort it, if not will a Honda garage know what they're doing with this one?

Chris

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Still having this problem, despite drowning it in WD40... :cry:

Will a Honda main dealer be able to sort this with little or no fuss?

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
i have also experienced this. When i pull up at the lights and pull the h'brake it wont release as the button wont go all the way in. End up having to whack it with my hand to get it released. Pain in the @ss

logik

Advanced Member
TypeGRRR said:
Still having this problem, despite drowning it in WD40... :cry:

Will a Honda main dealer be able to sort this with little or no fuss?
Honda Dealer will most likely pull you pants down about the price.

You got anyone local that can take a look?

WestYorkshireman

Advanced Member
Honda will probably charge you an hours labour + for what will be a 10 min job.

Better to find a small local independent garage to do what could be a minor job.

Zani

Advanced Member
Are you guys still having this problem?

... I may be able to help.

Well the story goes... when i was just chilling in the teg with friends in a car park, i was resting on the handbrake while it was on it's release position... After a while when i went to set off (after putting the handbrake on) the button wouldnt go in and so the handbrake wouldnt go down!

... after a short time of panic i realised what i had done.

Basically leaning on the handbrake handle makes the cover slide forwards towards the button. Thus stopping you releasing the handbrake.

Solution... handbrake up, lean with all your weight on the handle/cover pushing it towards the back of the car.

Job done :)

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Zani said:
Are you guys still having this problem?

... I may be able to help.

Well the story goes... when i was just chilling in the teg with friends in a car park, i was resting on the handbrake while it was on it's release position... After a while when i went to set off (after putting the handbrake on) the button wouldnt go in and so the handbrake wouldnt go down!

... after a short time of panic i realised what i had done.

Basically leaning on the handbrake handle makes the cover slide forwards towards the button. Thus stopping you releasing the handbrake.

Solution... handbrake up, lean with all your weight on the handle/cover pushing it towards the back of the car.

Job done :)
Yep, still having the problem, but am now looking forward to the morning to try your suggestion , I'll let you know how I get on! xthumbup